What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Niles

Giga Poster
So a new coaster might finally be coming to Parque Warner, markers have appeared and the rumour is it will be an intamin launch coaster coming in 2023.

Marker locations:

Please see source as they go into detail and looks as if the rumour has been around since 2019.

Projektion

Mega Poster
Movieworld On LaMarDeParques apparently has inside sources. He says that the ride was originally intended for 2022 but was delayed until 2023, will be a launch coaster in the style of Taron and will feature a pre-show.
Apparently the ride is also already being fabricated.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think the best-case scenario would be one of those new Intamin vertical launch coaster concepts with the semi-inverted launch, considering it's from Parques Reunidos. Would fit along nicely with Abismo as a tall, compact, ****ty capacity coaster.

EDIT:- Not in the same park as Abismo, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:

Anyone who's Spanish or can translate Spanish please help with the new video but if u guys want the info in a nutshell, speaking to the content creator just now:

"new marks on the trees we found green marks that we had not seen and on the gotham bridge they have crossed out the red ones that there were and have painted new green ones and those numbers are correlative. The map is the marks that a colleague has made and gave me permission to use it in my video".

The map in question is this:
Screenshot_20201115-114834_YouTube.jpg

Projektion

Mega Poster
"new marks on the trees we found green marks that we had not seen and on the gotham bridge they have crossed out the red ones that there were and have painted new green ones and those numbers are correlative. The map is the marks that a colleague has made and gave me permission to use it in my video".
Thats pretty much what he says up to 1:32 in the video.

@1:32 - He says most trees near the entrance of Batman: Arkham Asylum have been marked with red dots

@1:51 - He says most trees around this area have been marked with dark green spots, bigger than any other spots that they've seen in the park.

Thats pretty much what he says up to 1:32 in the video.

@1:32 - He says most trees near the entrance of Batman: Arkham Asylum have been marked with red dots

@1:51 - He says most trees around this area have been marked with dark green spots, bigger than any other spots that they've seen in the park.
Yh absolutely!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
In the forum thread linked in the OP, a few seemingly knowledgeable members (Google Translate isn't perfect here and there's a lot of thread to go through) seem to think this will be a family coaster, similar in style to Pégase Express. They also mention Gerstlauer (probably because they manufactured the latter coaster), but there seems to be some confusion over which manufacturer is involved here. It could be that both Gerstlauer and Intamin submitted proposals (Gerstlauer's being more family-oriented) and that Intamin won out.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what becomes of this. Parque Warner Madrid has not received proper investment for well over a decade, and that was just a small family coaster. The thrill rides in the park will all be more than 20 years old by the time this coaster opens. Assuming they have the same shelf life, they will need replacement at the same time as well, and unless Parque Warner is prepared to take on that massive cost all at once, they better start early with the replacements.

Niles

Giga Poster
Glad to see that Warner will likely be getting something and it's great to see Intamin on site, hopefully the rumour of it being a launch coaster will be true. However I wonder if it is a launch coaster from Intamin what they will go with, a LSM like Taiga would be what I would like to see most and it would be great for the park but maybe they go with a Hot Racer and have the first single rail in Europe.

Being a Parques Reunidos park, part of me thinks they might skimp out on a big coaster and go for a tamer coaster like one of their family launch coasters, or as they worked with Intamin on the Multi-Dimension coaster Studio Tour maybe something like that for Warner, to be fair a dark ride coaster would be a nice addition, but I would like them to get that new big attraction.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Any excuse to go back to Madrid is fine with me.

I'd be surprise if they went for a big statement coaster tbh given what they already have but on the flip side, they haven't invested in years and they've got such an untapped market domestically.