What's new

Parque Warner Madrid 5 - 10 year plan ambition

Niles

Giga Poster
Well here is some interesting news from the IAAPA winter summit.

The park have said they have 3 main ambitions to focus on over the next 5 - 10 years.

1: Improving the catering with more variety, offering the opportunity to have breakfast or lunch with characters.
2: Offering overnight accommodation options and expanding the park with new attractions.
3: The big one, an expansion to the park either considering a second gate or expansion of the park with a new themed area. The park wants to add 4 or 5 attractions, including 1 attraction that has already been named: an airplane simulator such as "Avatar Flight of Passage"

1702044307173.png

Source

BGCE Was amazing and makes me hopeful that the park will see this to fruition, a new area sounds great but a second gate seems a bit nuts. A lot can change over 10 years but ill keep my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

JamesB

Mega Poster
Catering is an interesting one as half the restaurants were closed when I went (admittedly on a week day in school time). I can't envisage a second gate being popular, the park would be better off filling in the many blank spaces & buildings throughout the park in my opinion.

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Catering is an interesting one as half the restaurants were closed when I went (admittedly on a week day in school time). I can't envisage a second gate being popular, the park would be better off filing in the many blank spaces & buildings throughout the park in my opinion.
Plus they already have a second gate in Warner Beach, which is still to be developed into a full-day water park.

As you mention, it is a much better option to round up their current line-up. Also, I wouldn't read too much into the Avatar-esque simulator: they state they are interested in the idea, not that they are going to build it, since I guesss they don't have the budget or even the technological ability (do Disney have a patent for this concept?) to make it happen.

BGCE was an amazing step into the right direction (probably Europe's sleeper hit?), but the park needs better upkeep of other attractions and improve operations before expanding even further.