What's new

Park Tropicana

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
A little RCT3 project I'm working on.

----about----
Situated 7 miles from the nearby city and resort of Alvington Beach, lies Park Tropicana – one of Florida’s most renowned theme parks. The park was opened in 1997 and is currently owned and operated by Futura Thrills LTD; an amusement company that owns some of the biggest theme parks in the USA, including Park Western and Park Adventure.

The park boasts some impressive rides and coasters, including a B&M sit-down coaster featuring six inversions, an Intamin launch coaster, a gyroswing and 250ft tall drop tower.

Pictures:
Entrance to ticket kiosks and turnstiles
Shot0264.jpg

Main Square
Shot0267.jpg

Shot0266.jpg

Rides:
Shot0268.jpg

Shot0270.jpg

Shot0273.jpg

Shot0278.jpg

Shot0275.jpg

More pictures and updates to follow :)

Josh73

Giga Poster
I can't really properly judge, considering there isn't alot, but the log flume looks great and the park atmosphere is awesome. I think you overdid the CS a little.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Josh73 said:
I think you overdid the CS a little.

Nah, it looks delicious actually :) Very nice indeed. I like looking at an RCT park and thinking "not only does it look like a real park (ish :lol: ), but it's a park I'd love to visit if it did exist."

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Thanks guys :) Usually I create English style parks, so it's good to try something new.

Some of the CS is a bit OTT, but it's so easy to get carried away :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
No way is there too much CS, you can never have too much CS, most of my parks 90% CS, because they add realism that you just don`t get with most of the in game objects.

That water flume looks awesome, keep it up.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ There is too much Custom Scenery when the game slows down and freezes... nuff said :p
Oh and nice park by the way, I look forward to seeing it finished!

Colossus

Giga Poster
^ Not necessarily, I fill entire parks up with custom scenery and it never runs slow, its all about the polygon count, I have filled parks without custom scenery and it had run dead slow. So yeah....

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It depends on your computer really....

I like the park, especially the log flume, which lookslike a greatly themed family fun ride! However, one tip...fill up the plain grass areas...

Keep up the good work! :--D