What's new

Park Routine?

AJ

Giga Poster
Hmm, i was just wondering if any of you had a certain way you attack a park? For example i usually start Thorpe off in lost city, make my way through SAW/CC, Then ranger county, calypso, amity then neptunes if i must. [clockwise]

But then there's chessington, where i just walk around pointlessly and ride as i wish.

Therefore i present the question, do you have a certain default park routine? Or do you just play it by ear [eye].

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I think the only park I developed a routine for was 6FGAm.

I'd show up, change into my uniform, clock in...
;)

OK, most times as a guest, I'd ride Whizzer once, Viper once, Raging Bull a couple times then hit viper again on the way out. If Whizzer had no line, I'd hit it again, too.

I got to ride the rest of the rides in the park enough during employee events.

CMonster

Giga Poster
At the Magic Kingdom we either start in Tomorrowland or Adventureland and just work our way around.

At BGA I usually start with Montu, then take the Skyride to Sheikra and Kumba, maybe hit up the bumper cars, go through Timbuktu riding whatever I feel like, (depending on time) maybe look at some animals, and then maybe ride Gwazi on my way out.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I have a routine for SFMM and Disney.

At SFMM, I get there at opening, sprint to X2, then head over to Terminator, then I usually go across the back of the park and hit Jet Stream, Riddler's, Gold Rusher, Batman, then lunch. After lunch I usually like to go back over to X2, hitting Goliath on the way. After that just whatever.

At Disney, I get there at opening for Disneyland (DCA opens later), head left and ride Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, then Thunder Mountain. Then I like to get a fast pass for Space Mountain, ride Matterhorn, and go over to DCA for opening.

At DCA, I run to the back, hit Toy Story and California Screamin' a few times, then get a fast pass for Grizzly, hit the rest of the boardwalk, then get a fast pass at ToT. Then probably ride my fast passes and get more (if you plan everything correctly, you can get 10+ fast passes and never wait more than 30 minutes at the park on a crowded day in July.)

If anyone is going to those two parks anytime soon, I recommend those paths!

Snoo

The Legend
CP has a very simple routine.. MF or Mavvy first, then work your way around.. front of the park toward mid-day, then whore it up the rest of the day.

Provides for some short lines and good rides.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
I've developed about ten different touring plans for touring Disneyland Resort and update them as need be. I have one for whole day touring, one for park hopper touring, one for each of the parks, a half-day plan, a plan for medium-sized children, a plan for when I go with my girlfriend...

If you need one, drop me a PM. :D

I know...I'm a nerd.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I just do the classic "start-at-the-back" plan.

I don't really revisit parks often enough to have got a perfect plan sorted but that seems to work most of the time.

I don't even have one really for Alton Towers. I tend to try and get on one of the larger coasters first, then just mill around pleasing myself, and then normally finish whoring it on Nemesis.

Apart from that, not really...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Chessie for me usually consists of starting at Translyvania, to Pirates Cove, then Land of Dragons, and from then on it's usually mixed up...

Thorpe it's a case of which ride is open :lol:

Alton is normally Nemesis first... And in the middle... And last...

For any new park I usually elect a major ride to hit up first and work the way around the park from that...

Mike

Giga Poster
The only park I really have a plan for is Alton...

Start at Rita, then hop onto the Sky Ride for Forbidden Valley.
Then make my way around Duel, Katanga and Pirate's until back to the main path.
Finally, if we can be bothered to do Spinball then do it, otherwise it's on to Oblivion, and then do whatever we want.

Thorpe normally starts with Stealth or NInferno, and then whatever we want. The park's so small it's easy enough to go from any rideto any ride anyway.

jokerman

Giga Poster
I only have a plan for Thorpe, and even that's only for the first two rides. I go straight to Inferno, and then follow it with Stealth.

Most other parks I try to take casually, so I don't really have an order for them.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I have three different "plans" for three different situations.
#1. I'm at WDW with the kids.
We try to figure out which park they want to go to. Then they say what they want to ride first. (I try to stear them toward a big ride that would have a long wait later on.) We then finish up that land and then move on to the next one. At some point we get fast passes for something that will be a little later that we know that we will need them for. Normally we start on one side of the park and finish on the far side, back tracking only to get fast passes our while waiting to use them.
#2. I'm at a park by myself that I've been to at least twice before.
I start with my favorite or one that I know gets a long line later on. I do all the coasters / big thrill rides / water rides in that area and then move on. I try to mix up the coasters some. I don't want to do all the multi loopers or woodens all back to back. As an example, if I'm at BGA I would start with Kumba, then do the water rides back in the back, then move on to SheiKra, then Qwazi, then Montu, and then finish the first round with Rhino Rally, Scorpion, and Cheetah Chase. At this point, I usually take a break; I would eat lunch, walk around looking at animals, ride the train ... Then I finish up with a big coaster run: Montu, Scorpion, Kumba, SheiKra, Gwazi, Sheikra, Montu.
#3. I'm on an out of state coaster trip to a park that I've never been to.
I start with what I think will be one of my favorites and I expect will have a full queue later. This is normally a hyper / mega, a launch, or a multi looper. If the place has a new ride I usually go for that first to avoid lines at mid day. I normally work from land to land but I do skip around some (as before no two woodens in a row, no two multi loopers in a row, no two lauches in a row ...). I try to finish big with one of my favorites or one of the big coasters that has a shorter line at the end of the day. If I'm there at dark, I try to find a ride that might be even better with limited lighting.

Cedar Point and Wonderland are the only ones I sort of have a routine for.

Cedar Point I always hit Maverick first, sometimes Mean Streak after that since it's close, then usually Millennium Force, front of the park, Dragster midway, and then back to the back, hitting Magnum and Gemini.

Wonderland is easy to have a routine for. Walk in the park, head towards Behemoth, ride that first, and then keep continuing in a circle since that's the basic shape of the park.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well the first thing I do when I go to a new park is go to the least reliable coaster first or the one your looking forward to the most just in case it later breaks down for example: Stuntfall, Parque Warner or El Toro/ Kingda Ka at Gadv.

Usually I circle the park hitting the attractions in the order they come but on revisits I usually go to the back of the park and hit up the main rides back there before other guests get to them.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Only at Alton. I always head to Forbidden valley first (unless I arrive in time for AP ERT) to do Nemesis as many times as possible, and maybe Air.

I usually end up going to the (old) Ugland and doing Rita, or heading off to X-Sector and doing Oblivion a few times (Those two may be in other order).

Then I just see how I feel after that, usually doing Spinball next though :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I have a pacific order at Thorpe because people are like sheep and follow each other, so depending on rides opening/ not breaking down you can pretty much do a whole day with minimal queues. For example, AVOID Lost City/ Sawland in the mornings. Take it from the back end first, Inferno, Stealth, Slapper, Loggers.

Alton it was Oblivion/ Spinball ERT, then Rita as it was close. Then take the garden route to Forbidden Valley. Then just work in circles.

At Cedar we just took whatever was nearest as we wern't bothered about queues. So on the first Day we cracked Raptor (1hr), Wicked Twister(15min), TTD (1hr + breakdown with me on it). Ofcourse then it pissed down so only Maxair was running. I generally think I would plan the park around the weather because there weather is bloody odd up there and realiability because it wasn't exacly the most reliable place ride wise.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
No routines for me thanks,I like to be spontaneous.

My only plans are.....

Get there.

Get riding.

Get home.

Job done. :p

jayjay

Giga Poster
Usually my plan for parks is make it up as you go along. If the park is busy, I try to work out what queues are doing and usually make sure to start on a big ride before the crowds are in.

I have a specific plan for Alton, being big. That is I start at Forbidden Valley and work my way round, ending up in Ug Land, then work out how to do rerides. Most people seem to head straight for Rita, so I go for Nemesis and Air first. Ritas queues seem to calm down towards the end of the day. Also it means I do Oblivion fairly late because its queue gets petite near the end of the day too.