What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Why would they use real rock =/.

It's expensive, heavy, and an effort to carve.

marc

CF Legend

But looks nicer, dunno I would have thought they would use it going by the rest of the park. Yes you are right though it is heavy and hard to carve etc but it does look better.

I suppose the queue etc probably won't get that close to it so it does not really matter and its not finished yet so I should have kept quiet until it was. Just at the moment it looks like plastic. It will be a shame if the coaster is let down by the theming.

Lofty

CF Legend

bob_3_ said:
Why would they use real rock =/.

It's expensive, heavy, and an effort to carve.

I'm with you on this one. To be fair, artificial rock can sometimes look just as good as real rock.

marc

CF Legend
"Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Yes it can do when done well, as I said at the moment I don't think that looks that good but it's early days.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re:

marc said:
Yes it can do when done well, as I said at the moment I don't think that looks that good but it's early days.

Mainly due to them just craving it and moulding the shape, they haven't added any render or anything to it yet. Calm down Marc ;)

Ben

CF Legend

It won't be crap because it's not got real rocks.

It'll be crap because it crawls, it's French and it's at Parc Asterix.

peep

CF Legend

By the way that rockwork is fake, not real. Some companies are just amazing at making it look that good (I've been sad enough to look this up before). I'd be tempted to say that the 'pillar' blocks under the support could be real, even if it's like a thin layer to give the impression, a facade of sorts.

Still, nice to see another update for this. I'm sure the theming throughout is going to be amazing and these few pics of the rockwork is turning up my excitement levels even more.

EDIT: After re-reading your posts I take it you were being sarcastic about it being real lol. Fair enough but look at it this way, they have 5 months till opening, this is no where near the final product.

peep

CF Legend

To be slightly more specific, at some point in April 2012. When in April we don't know yet.

dominoes

Mega Poster

Wow, for something that was completed ages ago, it is opening in a really long time...

Lofty

CF Legend

peep said:
By the way that rockwork is fake, not real. Some companies are just amazing at making it look that good (I've been sad enough to look this up before). I'd be tempted to say that the 'pillar' blocks under the support could be real, even if it's like a thin layer to give the impression, a facade of sorts.

Still, nice to see another update for this. I'm sure the theming throughout is going to be amazing and these few pics of the rockwork is turning up my excitement levels even more.

EDIT: After re-reading your posts I take it you were being sarcastic about it being real lol. Fair enough but look at it this way, they have 5 months till opening, this is no where near the final product.

Um, we was all saying the same thing, bar one. Read them again Peep. GAWSH :wink:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ooo, that looks really nice. I like the way the footers are disguised.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Looking good!

38190130481159621028718.jpg

39006030481177621026918.jpg

Source: bellewaerdefun.be

Lofty

CF Legend

So the rocks are being painted Grey? I thought they'd be kept a sandy type colour (like they are with more detail), rather than Grey, I think the whole "Sand" colour scheme would have been better...

Ben

CF Legend

Yeah, I don't get that either. If it's Egypt themed, why aren't they sandy coloured <//3

Venom2053

Hyper Poster

Love the interaction with the theming, but I agree sand dusted rocks would have looked way better, the grey just ruins it (N).

rich210uk

Mega Poster

^ The grey isnt the finished product, as Bibendun said. They put the wire structure up then cover it in a netting, which happens to be grey, then they apply the sand coloured rock on top, I think :) The grey netting is there just to stop the "sand rock" from falling off.

This is looking really good! Quite a few big new rides for 2012! Happy days :)