What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

Xpress

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Ethan said:
Hixee said:
^See Loefet's post above. I think it's going to be some sort of zero-g-wingover.

But Loefet said it would have laterals. So it would have Gs.

You must not have ridden a zero-g-roll. When that car begins to roll, it slams you against the side of your restraint. Thus, forces. Not gravitational forces, rotational force.s

Ethan

Strata Poster

I've ridden Nemesis, Inferno, Black Mamba, Dragon Challenge and Raptor (CP). I've been on loads of zero g rolls but I have never felt weightless either way. Lateral or vertical. I don't concentrate on forces when i'm actually riding a coaster unless it's a hyper or something like that. Just because i'm not a genius at physics doesn't mean I haven't done something that simple -_-

A

Anonymous

^^ You still experience a lateral force, I did however said that it had "lateral movement", meaning that the entrance and exit are not lined up not a straight zero-g as most others are...

Ethan

Strata Poster

Ok well when I go on Inferno in october i'll remember it. But I don't see how it will be a zero g because it doesn't the track follows the heartline. It looks like more of a wingover to me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

It's like Loefet said, it's just moving slightly to one side so it's not a "perfect" heartline. Every inversion has to be slightly different to fit the requirements so It's still just a zero g.

I'm so excited for this ride, and being Parc Asterix we can expect some fabulous theming too. So excited.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Joey said:
I'm so excited for this ride, and being Parc Asterix we can expect some fabulous theming too. So excited.

I was going to say the same thing, can't wait for this baby to start being themed! Do we know exactly what the theme is yet?

marc

CF Legend

I have only ever known a zero G roll to work 1st thing in the morning, by the time a coaster warms up they all take them too fast.

I love the look of this coaster, must try and get there next year.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

nadroJ said:
Joey said:

I was going to say the same thing, can't wait for this baby to start being themed! Do we know exactly what the theme is yet?

I think the assumption is Egyptian, since they're the only major characters from the series who haven't got a ride or area at the moment...

mouse

Giga Poster

So they going to add an Egyptian themed area? If so, where?

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

its almost finished! :p

another update! :lol:

i so cant wait for this to start testing, and for a pov :--D :--D

http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/post44606.html#p44606

image.php

image.php

image.php

tomahawk

Strata Poster

So zero-g roll, hopefully sex filled intense helix into what appears to be a drop into another trench, heavy banked turn, helix, break run?

There needs to be an overview of construction shot already.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster

^More like, weird near zero-g roll, crazy helix, dip into trench, into another zero g...

Hoo boy France next year sounds a treat <3

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Good call - the new pics confirm what you said :)

Let's hope it's a gentle-to-non-existent affair!

Hixee said:
iblamefish said:
Martyn B said:
Good point, forgot about the trim... surely it must just be a precaution? Either that or this is going to be very slow and very forceless. Which I hope not, as its a sexy beast!

It could be there as an extra block so that trains can leave the station quicker.
Not sure about that. I thought the idea of blocks was to be able to (a) stop the train and (b) allow the train to continue from a stop, through the rest of the layout, safely. I can't see that happening from there. This is a trim (or at least hopefully a precautionary one).

iblamefish

Roller Poster

Hixee said:
Ethan said:
Hixee said:
^See Loefet's post above. I think it's going to be some sort of zero-g-wingover.

But Loefet said it would have laterals. So it would have Gs.
You've ridden a zero-g-roll right? They nearly all have laterals, it's the vertical forces that are 'zero'.

Absolutely correct. Which is why this is *not* a zero G roll. To achieve zero-g, the rider must travel in a parabolic curve. On an inverted coaster, this means that the top of the track must be flat - Katun is a perfect example:

2203322.jpg

The top of this element is curved - which means that the riders will not travel in a parabola, meaning that they're not falling at the rate of gravity, meaning that they're not weightless.

Sorry to be such a pedant, but I didn't study mechanical engineering with the hope of being a rollercoaster designer for nothing (now a web developer, heh :/ ).

Xpress

Strata Poster

iblamefish said:
Sorry to be such a pedant, but I didn't study mechanical engineering with the hope of being a rollercoaster designer for nothing (now a web developer, heh :/ ).

The top of the element does not have to be flat in order to achieve a zero gravity situation.

80g9000g7q4cnphe1sak37.jpg

The element in the top left is not hardly flat at all ontop, and yet it is a zero-g-roll.

b9r8ct4002118hiv65s7eb.jpg

This element is also a zero gravity element.

First and second inversions on Tatsu. And i'm pretty certain the last roll on Tatsu is also a zero-gravity element...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Or we can take an inverted coaster to show the example as well, like Phaethon:

lnvmrqhc4v207lu0014nor.jpg

It's not flat on top. It's all about how the entire element is shaped that determines 0-g. In Katun's case, the 0-g roll is very tall and the train travels at a slower speed, which requires a smaller parabola. Phaethon's is shorter and the track also rolls slower than Katun's, requiring a larger parabola. In this case, there will be 0-g. The transitions into and out of the element are banked, so the only lateral forces you will experience will be due to the train's rotation.