What's new

Parc Asterix |"Oz'Iris"| B&M Invert

A

Anonymous

Re: "Unknown", B&M Invert for Parc Asterix

Is it just me that think that the straight bit after the loop looks out of place??

Also some of the images on Potionmagix then that straight bit looks a slightly curved upwards, so there might be a pop of air there or it's just the camera that play a stunt with the image...

Martyn B

CF Legend

It might not necessarily be used. Air has 2 trims which aren't used.

image.php

It does look very odd having a straight section of track into that trench...

image.php

In fact, it looks very ugly, and not very B&Meey.

image.php

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I've got a feeling that we'll be seeing a high speed turn next followed by a corkscrew perhaps?

As for the loop looking out of shape...perhaps the straight section is going to be enclosed in a small building creating a exciting element in which the riders feet are almost touching the floor...

tomahawk

Strata Poster

**** you trim. **** YOU!

I'm quite tired of every B&M having a trim now, Diamondback is ruined by its trim, Raging Bull is a bigger cock tease than a lap dance in terms of airtime being blocked by that trim, and I'm sure this will just **** everything up. How about you go back to the old days B&M and make it bat **** crazy instead of making it be forceless?

That section of track looks like something some kid in RCT would do, looks like garbage.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Off subject a little, but I think a cool name for this coaster would be 'Mission Cleopatra', seeing as there is a film called that with the Asterix character in it.

As for the straight section, I quite like it, and a considerable amount of speed should be built up there. I admit it looks slightly odd, but maybe if it is encased in a building (as said above), than it will add a lot to the coaster, in my opinion.

mouse

Giga Poster

This thing still looks fab, shame about the trims. Hoping for a cobra roll next...

marc

CF Legend

^Yeah was going to post that before, it does look like its building up to a cobra roll.

A

Anonymous

No cobra, but Immelmann into high banked turn, before underwater tunnel...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Looks like I went in the right direction with my NL invert.

That turn into the loop and the loop look like they'll pull some pretty strong Gs. As for the straight bit of track, Raptor(CP) has one before the cobra roll and it doesn't ruin the ride. The difference between Raptor's and this is that this is on a downward slope. You should be able to feel a bit of downward acceleration on this.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

But, the trim is there, so it'll be quickly scuppered by the drag on the trim :(

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Uncle Arly said:
But, the trim is there, so it'll be quickly scuppered by the drag on the trim :(

Unless it's not turned on of course...

I love how every time a ride has a trim spotted, it automatically becomes awful... This happens everywhere and it just amuses the hell out of me...

Diamondback had a trim? Must not have noticed that... But really guys, can't judge a trim on a picture, only if it really affects the speed of the ride, can we then lambast it's presence...

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Of course, it may not be turned on, but if it is, chances are VERY high that you'll feel it.

Snoo

The Legend

tomahawKSU said:
**** you trim. **** YOU!

I'm quite tired of every B&M having a trim now, Diamondback is ruined by its trim, Raging Bull is a bigger cock tease than a lap dance in terms of airtime being blocked by that trim, and I'm sure this will just **** everything up. How about you go back to the old days B&M and make it bat **** crazy instead of making it be forceless?

That section of track looks like something some kid in RCT would do, looks like garbage.

Agreed. That trim is VERY blatant.. they don't even try to hide it like on Montu for instance.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I just dont get why they've done that odd looking straight section. Raptor/Monster's looks ok and blends in, but this one is far from subtle, and just looks so, odd. Nothing like the graceful B&M we've come to know and love.

image.php

That immelman is going to be very forceful, just look at that arched support after the loop, the track is going to be coming back under there, yet look at how high up the track currently is. I'd say that trim is there as a precaution incase that immelman is a bit too forceful, it does look like its going to be uber tight.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

In other words they are going to eliminate the uber sexiness that is forces and give you a Silver Bullet type ride from that point on.

Snoo

The Legend

B&M trims are never really there as a precaution. I've never been on one that isn't used. ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

^ As I said before, Air's trims aint used, and nore is Raptor's (both are prototypes though).

Ethan

Strata Poster

I still think it'll be called Mission Cleopatra :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^Nobody commented on that brainwave last time because they didn't want to hurt your feelings.

Take a hint.

marc

CF Legend

Martyn B said:
^ As I said before, Air's trims aint used, and nore is Raptor's (both are prototypes though).

Martyn have you been on Raptor? I think you will find it is on and you can feel it. I said on the page before just when I thought we would get air time the trim cut in.

marc said:
Bloody trims, that was my one complaint with Raptor just as I thought we were going to get air time we hit a trim :(

This probably needs it though or the loop would be taken too fast, maybe they will remove it if they find its not needed.