What's new

Over-enthusiastic ride ops - Like, Dislike or Meh?

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think it's great when staff interact enthusiastically with customers, both at theme parks and in other situations. It shows effort. I don't care if it's fake, a bit of forced pep is still much nicer than a rude, sulky op.

Working with the general public all day gets tedious and draining, so I respect those who can maintain their smiles and energy throughout a long shift.

A bit of enthusiasm is all part of the theme park experience for me. It helps me enjoy a park if the staff at least pretend they're enjoying themselves too.

The little touches are my fave. Like when the ride op says "Chuuu Chuuu" on RMT at Alton. It always makes me smile, even though it's so silly!

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Anyone remember Nathan, a ride op at Thorpe Park? He worked on Stealth for the first few months after it opened, and he was quality! He got involved with guests as they got on, and when it came to the launch, he got so into it he was shouting along with the voice recording and everything! Tried to find a video but theres nothing online of him.