What's new

Osprey- LIM Launched Coaster

CMonster

Giga Poster
So, I made my first presentable coaster in NoLimits, yay.

Named Osprey, it has an inclined launch into an immelman followed by a short layout.

And, for pics...

It seems I can't find the screenshots I took in the simulator, where are they usually kept? My NoLimits screenshots folder is empty...

For now, entertain yourself with a teaser:

44255146.jpg

As you can see, the layout is finished, supporting is being worked on, maybe 50% done. I don't really know, but at least they aren't auto-supports!

So, yeah, enjoy the teaser until I get the pics sorted out. :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
Woo! So, using my handy snipping tool, I have pictures to show.

First part of ride; launch, drop, 1st hill:

nl1b.jpg

Inversion and turn:

nl2i.jpg

Turn and second hill:

nl3h.jpg

End of turn, second hill again:

nl4s.jpg

Final helix:

nl5x.jpg

And again:

nl6b.jpg

So, almost finished with supporting, just have the helix to do and the brake runs, plus tweaking.

Comments, criticism, ect. appreciated!

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
The final helix looks a little to big, and the inversion looks like it could use one more support. other than that it looks great! can't wait to download if you release it!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
That actually looks pretty sweet. The layout is nice, but the supports might be a bit too thick. It's promising though.

Jer

Strata Poster
wayyy to many supports you could afford to lose more than half. I like the layouth though, looks promising

CMonster

Giga Poster
Thanks! I'm pretty awful at custom supporting, so I was kinda just plopping in supports in a way that looked slightly realistic. :p

The inversion has plans to receive another support, haven't gotten around to it though as it's not as easy as the triangle ones. :lol:

As to the helix, it might be a little big, but the train's going 70 mph right there with the G's at around 2-3.5, so I think any smaller and it'll be too much.

EDIT: Possible update later today after church.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hmm not bad at all, there was a bumpy park about to go the brake before the launch. It was pretty intense, pulling 6gs front row. I see you reduced the amount of supports, it looks pretty good now, except you forgot to support the section going back into the station.

I'd give it a solid 5/10

can't wait to see more :D