What's new

Orlando Park Tips

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster
Not sure if this is too late, but I've just arrived in LA following 5 days in Orlando, during which I did all the Disneys, US, IOA and Busch.

Tips:
-I found queues surprisingly short for the time of year- the ride ops are VERY efficient at this these days- I didn't see a queue (except soarin' and toy story mania) at disney that was over an hour for the whole time i was there- it's now like a military style operation and they rarely leave empty seats on any rides at any of the parks.

-I did Disney in 2 days- it can easily be done--- most Qs clear up by the afternoon, too. If you can, book a night in a cheap disney hotel for £60- it'll let you use extra magic hours, and if you do my Day1 on a friday, you can get into epcot at 8am, and stay in magic kingdom until 3am (the savings on 1 less day of tickets vastly outweighs the cost of the room for one night- you dont even need to use it...)

Day 1: Epcot am, Magic Kingdom lunch-afternoon, Epcot early evening, Magic Kingdom late evening. Literally did every single ride in Epcot except universe of energy by around about midday---- head to Soarin' ASAP first, then grab fast pass for test track, ride mission space, then return to test track, redo on single rider, then head to spaceship earth and get any other low capacity rides in future world done asap. At 11am, head to maelstrom, then do the mexico boat ride....
Between 12-1 jump on the monorail, head to MK and do many of the adult rides, using fastpass where you can- ideally where return time is pretty soon so you don't get blocked out of fastpass. Before you leave MK, GRAB A FASTPASS FOR PETER PAN- the return time should be like 10:15pm- perfect
Dinner at MK or Epcot
Epcot, do Universe of Energy and single rider test track, then fireworks at 9pm
Monorail to MK for fireworks at 10pm, then ride the 'kids' rides as the kids head to bed... then jump on space mountain one last time....

Day 2:
Hollywood Studios- Go to Toy Story Mania- FASTPASS, go to star tours, ride-> tower of terror, ride and grab a fastpass for later, single rider RnR, back to toy story mania to use fast pass towards end of time bracket. Now's the time to enjoy the rest of the stuff in the park- most has short Qs... grab another fastpass for evening toy story mania before you leave
2pm- head to animal kingdom- grab Kali fastpass, single rider everest, Q for dinosaur (its very quick moving in the afternoon), head towards africa for when parade is on and jump on kilamanjaro safaris as soon as parade ends (the Q will be EMPTY), use the rest of the afternoon to see the various other things in the park, then head back to HS for evening for fantasmic etc. when AK closes at 8pm...

-Universal is pretty simple too- ALL the queues seem to massively clear up in the afternoon at IOA... so do:
8am- Harry Potter land (the single rider Q for HP is FANTASTIC- you rarely wait more than 5 minutes as they will NOT let a bench go out with an empty seat- at one point they made everyone loading get out their seat and run down to the next and so on- rather than letting 2 seats in a 4-person bench go off empty)
9am- Hollywood rockit->(jimmy neutron) -> mummy -> MIB -> simpsons, then enjoy the rest of the park
2pm- head to IOA aiming to reach toon lagoon at 4 as crowds start to drop off (although Dudley Doo right now has a single rider Q eliminating that bottleneck..)

*********Watch out for tour groups (groups of about 50 foreign or american kids who follow guys with a flag and all wear the same tshirt)... they're f'in annoying as their guides tell them to use all the single rider Qs which is SO ANNOYING as they'll jam up the queue for a good half hour- if not more......