What's new

Orlando, Atlantic City, Vegas, etc. Skyscrapers | ThrillCorp

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Re: Atlantic City | unknown | US Thrill Rides Polercoaster

Pokemaniac said:
The Aquatrax joke has needed a worthy successor for a while now. I believe we've found it. Feel free to post "Polercoaster!" in every thread at the least mention of markers on site from now on.
GuyWithAStick will be all over this?? Sorry mate no offence. :lol:

I would love to see one of these built and turn out good, but they all seem very ambitious considering the proposals all come from the same guys as what is being planned in Orlando. They have built the Mango Club/bar thing in Orlando but that is as I believe to be the only huge project they have built recently. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

BigBad

Mega Poster

I'm one of them, too. I'm a new member to this site, but I'm not a new coaster enthusiast. That pessimism comes with experience.

(How's that for cynicism?)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I mean, with the Law of Averages, surely one of these projects will see the light of day??

Lofty

CF Legend

I truly think one of them will - we just need a substantial investor who can afford to pick this project up continuously when it runs into its inevitable issues.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: I-Drive Orlando | Skyscraper| US Thrill Rides

US Thrill Rides has reformed as a new company, ThrillCorp Inc., and filed for an IPO to bring on new investment dollars.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news ... hrill.html

The Orlando project is still reported to be on track for 2018, with other PolerCoaster and SkySpire projects a possibility in Myrtle Beach, Nashville, and another TBD location.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

US Thrill Rides has reformed as a new company, ThrillCorp Inc., and filed for an IPO to bring on new investment dollars.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news ... hrill.html

The Orlando project is still reported to be on track for 2018, with other PolerCoaster and SkySpire projects a possibility in Myrtle Beach, Nashville, and another TBD location.

Nowhere in the article is the Atlantic City project mentioned however?

I did some searching around, and the latest news on the Atlantic City Polercoaster was that the project received a needed coastal development permit: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/busi ... 1c78c.html

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Atlantic City | unknown | ThrillCorp

Let's place bets on which happens first: one of these or London Paramount?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Would it make sense to collapse all Polercoaster discussion to one thread?

Ben

CF Legend

It would make more sense to realise they're never going to happen and stop wasting internet space.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Given the nature of these projects (e.g. still pretty far off, in need of investment and permits, etc.), I went ahead and collapsed all Skyscraper talk to one linear thread.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You're being grossly unfair. Since I walked past the site over 18 months ago, they've added that shopping trolley.

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
^ Very cool. I live in Toronto and can say it is quite the experience. I haven't heard anything about this project since intamin had the video out of them adding the drop ride and LSM launch instead of spiral lift to the tower, though. Glad to hear the project is still potentially alive :

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not going to bother providing a link, but they're now saying that the coaster that's never happening will have optional VR with a choice of videos. Yay.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It's like shelling out thousands of dollars for a state-of-the-art gaming rig, and then running Windows 98 on it. What's the point of building the world's tallest coaster, only to deny riders the view from it?