What's new

Orlando, Atlantic City, Vegas, etc. Skyscrapers | ThrillCorp

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Re: I Drive Orlando | Skyscraper| US Thrill Rides

Repeating what others have said but this looks seriously good. If it does end up like that POV then those elements at that height will be s**t scary!

Darren B

Giga Poster

Aesthetically it looks awful, what an absolute mess. Also, the manufacturer isn't proven which is another worry. Who are US Thrill Rides? Premier would be the ideal manufacturer for such a task.

However, I can't knock the layout. It looks fantastic, and extremely intimidating.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

^But trims on this type of ride would enhance the experience and give you a scale of the height for much longer, the El Locos drops are trimmed to death and are absolutely fantastic as it gives you sence of actually going beyond vertical. Trims aren't always bad, especially in this case.

Lofty

CF Legend

We know that the trains are from S&S and it wouldn't surprise me if they work with Premier for their track, it's not the first time both of the companies have worked together in some capacity.

andrus

Giga Poster

But isn't it already confirmed that all coaster components for this attraction (trains, track and everything) will be supplied by S&S? And that everyones favourite "pet" Alan Schilke will be responsible for the design?? I thought that was confirmed at least (and that's whats cited on wikipedia).

I haven't been on an El Loco yet, but I got the impression they're boring but smooth? This coaster looks as far from boring as you can come!! As long as this is smooth it'll be a great ride :--D Schilke has done some really crazy manouvers yet again!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Amazing the difference a POV makes. The first handful of comments (after a year of being known) were mostly hate, now its done a 180 :)

Brookes

Giga Poster

This thing looks amazing, some of those elements are ridiculous. Does anyone know what they're using to drive the lift (which looks very steep!)? A single chain seems a bit of an ask for something this high but then again if it's so steep I guess it wouldn't actually be that long.

andrus

Giga Poster

I've just one thing to add:

If they're building a roller coaster of this size, attached to a building; why not make it go all the way to the top?? :? I mean this looks fantastic and all, but imagine a drop from the very top of the building with an unobstructed view; that would have been something! :--D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Also worth pointing out - this POV is FAR more aggressive than what we saw in the original concept art, especially with the addition of the top hat and zero-g roll at the end of the ride:

skyplex_i_drive_orlando_001.jpg

skyplex_idrive_orlando_002.jpg

http://mangos.com/skyplex/pictures.php

Hutch

Strata Poster

I think aesthetically it looks ridiculously amazing. Sure it's just a tangled mess but I kind of like how it's like that. Just imagine seeing it from a distance and then up close.

As for the ride, I actually didn't know that Alan Schilke was working on it. It certainly has potential with some great elements and whatnot (I actually really like that bit before the little top hat with all the low airtime hills). I'm just worried that it doesn't end up rattling it's way around, ruining the ride.

I love how it screws around with you at the very top with the slow turns and inversion. This is going to be terrifying!

tomahawk

Strata Poster

I have a feeling that top hat will become inverted, or just an overbank. Anybody get an inversion count also? Seems like they will be packing quite a few. Wouldn't be surprised it they are trimmed to the point of slowly making it over the hills that follow.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

CanobieFan said:
Looks like it has 9 inversions.... that would give it the most in North American (8 would also give them that as well) and it seems to have at least 2 beyond 90* drops
based off the POV

Martyn B

CF Legend

Couldn't help but notice a lack of MCBR's for such a long coaster with small trains!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

I would assume there would be a block before both +90 drops, also the video cuts away from POV to off ride, but before the last drop off of the tower itself it seems to show a MCBR. and the video shows off ride with 3 or 4 cars running at the same time.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

I am just running on the assumption that this roller coaster will single-handedly keep the trim brake industry sustained for the next few years. :razz:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

It's probably going to be a one trick pony(500+ feet tall). Besides, it's literally a 500 foot tall El Loco slapped onto a building.

Still looks fun and **** scary!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk