What's new

Orlando, Atlantic City, Vegas, etc. Skyscrapers | ThrillCorp

Snoo

The Legend
Thanks @CanobieFan! Have the company officially confirmed the project's demise, or are we just making presumptions from what we can see?

Presume. This big of an investment is off the ground at a MINIMUM at the point, two years after announcement. This is dead as a doornail, even without something official.

Matt N

CF Legend
Presume. This big of an investment is off the ground at a MINIMUM at the point, two years after announcement. This is dead as a doornail, even without something official.
Ah right. So there's a 0.1% chance that it could still happen; maybe they're drafting up a new plan on a new site. Thanks @Snoo!

Snoo

The Legend
Ah right. So there's a 0.1% chance that it could still happen; maybe they're drafting up a new plan on a new site. Thanks @Snoo!

They're not, I put money on it. Thats the thing, people announce these types of deals (we've seen this time and again in Orlando and Las Vegas specifically) without investors hoping someone will sign on and pour money into it. As no one took the bait as they analyzed it financially and it made no sense, the project died with a whimper in the footnotes of forums like this. We've seen it before and we'll see it again.

Matt N

CF Legend
They're not, I put money on it. Thats the thing, people announce these types of deals (we've seen this time and again in Orlando and Las Vegas specifically) without investors hoping someone will sign on and pour money into it. As no one took the bait as they analyzed it financially and it made no sense, the project died with a whimper in the footnotes of forums like this. We've seen it before and we'll see it again.
Why would they announce a project before securing investors, though?
P.S. Sorry to drag this topic out for longer than it should be dragged out.

Snoo

The Legend
Why would they announce a project before securing investors, though?
P.S. Sorry to drag this topic out for longer than it should be dragged out.

Because it can be too risky to do it yourself and investors may not be willing to throw millions at a project that may not have support both locally and nationalyl, especially in the Orlando market. So, to see if they can gain said support, they throw these proposals out as something they're LOOKING to build.. and see if they can grab those investors. If they can't.. it ****s the bed and we never see it built. If they can, they build it.

Unfortunately for enthusiasts, we see these enough to know it will most likely not work because if you're having to beg for investment, then you're desperate. THAT is why nothing has happened with this site. If they had the money, it would have been built. They didn't, so they begged.

Matt N

CF Legend
Because it's too risky to do it yourself and investors may not be willing to throw millions at a project that may not have support both locally and national, especially in the Orlando market. So, to see if they can gain said support, they throw that out as something they're LOOKING to build.. and see if they can grab those investors and may be more. If they can't.. it :emoji_poop:s the bed and we never see it built. If they can, they build it.

Unfortunately for enthusiasts, we see these enough to know it will most likely not work because if you're having to beg for investment, then you're desperate. THAT is why nothing has happened with this site. If they had the money, it would have been built. They didn't, so they begged.
Ah, so they test the waters before appealing to investors. Thanks @Snoo!

Lofty

CF Legend
You won't gain any interest or capital from sitting in a room and saying "This is a cool idea I have". The reason a lot of the time they go public is to gain interest from the masses and show that there's a 'need' for the product to be out there and that way, it can calm potential investors to know that there is a higher chance of a successful ROI.

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah I've had plenty of smoke blown up my ass about this ride. Give me track on-site and I'll believe it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

SOW ME TRACK ON-SITE!