What's new

Omaka Rocka at Aquatica - New Type of Water Ride

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The first waterslide of its kind in the world, Omaka Rocka opens this spring at Aquatica, SeaWorld's waterpark, in Orlando. Riders will speed down flumes into massive funnels, sliding high up one side and then the other, rocking back and forth, feeling a sensation of near weightlessness.
Sounds cool & looks awesome!
AquaticaAttraction.jpg
Check out the worker under the pink slide in the photo below. This thing is massive!
OmakaRocka.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
I wonder how high you can get up those puppies. Also it would be much more epic without a tube.. haha

Ollie

CF Legend
The only new thing this does is have two funnels instead of one on a single slide. Even then those funnels are tiny compared to the other models by pro slide.
Still I guess it should be fun. :)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
The only new thing this does is have two funnels instead of one on a single slide.
Who said that there will only be two? There's still plenty of room for more before they reach the height of the tower, isn't there? Plus I think these will give a different sensation than the massive single funnel ones due to the funnel diameter.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well I meant more than the one giant one that are usually used. This seems like a scaled down version of what's going to be built in Dubai where they have several full size space bowls and funnels that join to create two single slides that go down side by side.

I like the colours on this though. :p

Gazza

Giga Poster
The first waterslide of its kind in the world
Its a bit of a stretch to call it a world first. The only difference between this and previous tantrum alley installations is that this uses standard single/double inner tubes rather than the cloverleafs.

Either way, I look forward to seeing more of these built (Annoyingly, there are two parks in Australia that have these on the drawing board, but both have been delayed). The funnels should wash the rafts around abit...'wall time' on waterslides is heaps of fun.