I was reading Reddit and stumbled upon a post claiming that a 200 foot wooden coaster was planned for Worlds of Fun just before Cedar Fair bought the park and it got me thinking about things that could have been - that were really close to fruition, but for whatever reason, never were....
- Dorney Switchback Woodie - This was planned just before the pandemic. Detailed plans exist in the dedicated Dorney thread. Looks like this one is DOA given a B&M is going on the plot now.
- Morey's Piers GCI - Announced in 2011, planned for 2013. Then someone fell off the Ferris wheel. RIP. Concept art.
- The Little Known Backstory of LaRonde's Goliath - It's well known that a hypercoaster of some form was slated for Geauga Lake at various points in time. Many manufacturer names have been thrown about, but the most likely one was actually B&M. Apparently surveying of the land happened, and the ride actually did materalize - at LaRonde.
- Various Lost Disney Plans - The lost Potter Killers, Mary Poppins, quite possibly PLAY, Beastly Kingdom, various DHS expansion proposals........it's a long list.
- The Massachusetts Dark Knight - Yes, one was going to go to SFNE. They were so excited to build it, in fact, that they didn't even wait for the right permits to be approved before starting to build it! That killed the project, and it ended up going to Mexico.
- Alton Cross Valley Woodie (and the little known backstory of Rita) - Howie has a very good post on the Cross Valley Hyper, but what you may not know is before that died Rita was supposed to be built at Oakwood. God knows how that would have affected that park.
- Loggers Leap Overhaul - Yes, an overhaul was planned. Then DGBT **** the bed and the money allocated for LL went into a vain attempt to fix the Ghost Train issues, and ultimately it was too late and the log ride bit it. At least we're getting Exodus and the new UK height record out of it.
- Turbulence - That crazy RCT3 Dizzy Dropper thing meant for Hersheypark in 2005. Then the manufacturer pissed Hershey off. The end.
- Project Madrid and Drachen Spire - BGW's attempts to beat I305 have just not been going well have they? The first got split in two, and then the 300 foot half got canned.