What's new

Odyssey wind speed

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sure I recall seeing threads like this over the years, but can't find any that are relevant and recent enough to be helpful.

Anyone have any idea what the general operating condition limits for Odyssey are? I'm going to head over in a few weeks, and know it's a fickle beast, so won't bother wasting my time if the forecast doesn't look promising.

Thanks in advance, etc.

Will

Strata Poster
It was closed when I went last month and I didn't consider it to be windy in the slightest.
If you're in the area, Millennium's still great and Spinning Racer actually a real surprise package, but I wouldn't go too far out of your way :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you're in the area, Millennium's still great and Spinning Racer actually a real surprise package, but I wouldn't go too far out of your way :)
Nah, I wouldn't say too far out of the way.
oNwKLV2.png

;)

It's a toss-up, see. I want Odyssey while I'm there to make life easier (going back might be a burden), but equally there's a fair number of creds around that area that almost make it worth trying regardless. Dilemmas...

Dar

Hyper Poster
Nah, I wouldn't say too far out of the way.
oNwKLV2.png

;)

It's a toss-up, see. I want Odyssey while I'm there to make life easier (going back might be a burden), but equally there's a fair number of creds around that area that almost make it worth trying regardless. Dilemmas...

Why don't you add Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, Joyland, Pleasurewood Hills, Thorpe, Chessington, and Paultons, to make it a UK road trip? If you wish and pretend hard enough, it might even feel like a European road trip? 🤣
Screenshot_182.jpg

rob666

Hyper Poster
Mr Pedantic here...It would be a European road trip.
My wife's sister has a caravan within quite close by, but the thought of the three sisters and me in a van for a coaster weekend fills me with dread.
I just can't keep up with their drinking.
Is there much else worth doing in the area?

Reactions: Dar

Nick13

Mega Poster
Just a heads up, Odyssey is currently down and I think has been for a few weeks now. Was at the park yesterday, the train is sat on the lift hill. I think I read somewhere that the chain had snapped!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just a heads up, Odyssey is currently down and I think has been for a few weeks now. Was at the park yesterday, the train is sat on the lift hill. I think I read somewhere that the chain had snapped!
I saw that too, awaiting a part but will be fixed as soon as it arrives, probably another couple of weeks downtime at least. We are going mid July and am quietly confident they will have it up and running, wind permitting.

tynemouthsurfer

Roller Poster
I rode it this week! Spinning Racer however was out of action.

Managed to get on Odyssey, Millenium, Rhombus Rocket and a Caterpillar though. Odyssey immediately one of my favourite UK coasters - well worth a ride.