Ocean Park, Hong Kong |"Hair Raiser"| B&M Floorless

tucoaster

Roller Poster
Re: Hair Raiser: New B&M Floorless - Ocean Park, Hong Kong

The zero g roll in the edge of the mountain is F+++ awesome

Martyn B

CF Legend

It looks quite crap tbh, and talk about a ruining beautiful scenery...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ I dont think it ruins it at all.
Its just a little yellow coaster - its not humongous or anything.

Also what is the new ride they are getting? Arctic Blast?

Ben

CF Legend

The only thing I'd say about that is the area where this is, you can't see unless you're there. Like, the only view it's ruining is the one from the park, a few apartment blocks and the shipping containers that go by.

And when you consider that the other side of the mountain has one of the most dense, and the most vertical, urban area in the World, I don't see how one coaster is THAT big a scar.

Although, any reason to say this looks crap, I'm on board with.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ben has explained it perfectly. Hong Kong has vast areas of national parks set aside for natural beauty already. The location of this coaster can't really be seen from anywhere outside of the park, unless you're on a boat, so it's not spoiling anything. Compare that to the sprawling mass of the nearby city...

I think it looks quite nice and vibrant at the moment. My only concern is that it could easily be left to fade and look tacky if not given the proper TLC. Saying that, Ocean Park is quite well looked after compared to some of the other Chinese parks I visited.

D1993, Arctic Blast is going to be a powered Mack family coaster - nothing too exciting.

Ben

CF Legend
I dunno, there's still a way to go with that (especially with how long it's taking them to do this!).

That's December not October remember :p

So, I'd say, this Summer.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Hair Raiser has been open for months now..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zylhpkq6aFc[/youtube]

Ben

CF Legend
Awesome.

We're talking about Arctic Blast though, so. Don't feel bad though, reading's a tricky skill to master.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ben said:
I dunno, there's still a way to go with that (especially with how long it's taking them to do this!).
That was a reply to the above sentence, I thought you was referring to Hair Raiser not being open, which could be taken that way considering it's the topic of the said coaster. :)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I think it's got to do with it being in a new themed area. When the area around the ride is ready, it will open, just as with Hair Raiser.

They have so many projects going on there at the same time it's crazy. Last summer, I could barely recognize it from my previous trip so much had changed from my previous visits.

Mike

Giga Poster
Ugh, so there's little chance of it opening before the beginning of June then? :(

I'm crossing my fingers that the S&S Happy Valley coaster will open soon. Screamscape say they're going pretty well with testing, and it looks awesome.

I'm massively regretting only booking myself 3 nights in Hong Kong! :(

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Urgh the S&S! It was finished last November when I was there, yet still no sign of anything running. Why can't they just open the bloody thing? It looks **** fantastic!