What's new

Oakwood Updates

supersion

Mega Poster
Re: Oakwood 2014 - New coaster?

Well Oakwood Seem to be excruciatingly slow at releasing any finalised details about what seems to be going on this year, but slowly they are releasing a few photos on their page.

It seems Hooks House Of Havoc is on it's way for the little ones, which will definitely be good for the parents too, as well as sheltering away on the rainy days.

10152476_555325334583223_7900698239284993079_n.jpg

1560543_555325287916561_2674343948426927491_n.jpg

The Wild West Area is pretty much fenced off completely, other than Spooky 3D, ready for the new development.
Oakwood Certainly have their work cut out, as this area doesn't look any different to the way it was months ago. Lets hope they do it out fully, and not just a half job...

10298884_555328237916266_2957542116658577850_n.jpg

10170980_555328067916283_6284559515829510058_n.jpg

mad mouse

Roller Poster

I am glad they are doing something with that old wild west town as it was looking run down and shabby last year . the old penny arcade was in tatters ( half of the machines where broke and the carpet was ripped)
much of the cladding had fallen off the buildings and for brer rabbit well that's something else.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

Does anyone know what will be coming this year and when oakwood will announce there new attractions and when will they open been really quite and it is nearly summer

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Which strongly suggests that there's bugger all new this year.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

That surprises me. I sent them an email last year asking for them to build an Intamin Megalite for this season. I'd have thought they'd have started work on it already...

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

Well they have said it is a new area and they also said that the new attraction is in the works but people who have gone to the park haven't seen nothing only the paint going of the building

enthusiast

Roller Poster

Well their map on the official website does say 'Major Investment Open in Summer 2014' so fingers crossed

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah they've said that there is a major new ride opening this summer.... considering they haven't announced anything yet, I'm guessing its not a done deal at the moment. It could be a travelling coaster maybe? Wouldn't take that long to erect say..... Twist n Shout from Loudoun?

Lofty

CF Legend

Tom G said:
I must admit I'd not heard of Sleepy Hollow before, but when I looked into it it seems cool.

-Sent from a mobile phone-
What. The. ****.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

Well oakwood are being ridiculous they haven't announce anything they say it will be ready by summer but really they haven't even started building the new attractions yet they keep on saying very soon but they haven't I messaged the development diary and they said I will be a massive game changer for Oakwood Theme Park but I think they are just saying that what do you all think what is coming this year?

oakLee

Roller Poster

Well considering that people are still saying that the Wild West area is still closed off and that very little to no work has been done I can't say that it will be open any time soon! Or if it is then it's a rush job and will be a complete joke! I really hope not as I was looking forward to this years development!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend

Doesn't look like anything is coming to me!

This is all very bizarre though.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

i am wondering if they haven't bought anything yet because they would of announced it by now and do you have to have planning permission to build a roller coaster as anyone seen any planning permission so i think it will be something for little kids and then in the next two years so really big but on the over hand oakwood have said its a new area being build and we are cutting trees and it will be a massive game changer i have also realised that on there leaflet it shows the map on the website but then it also says MASSIVE NEW INVESTMENT clue: you will soon head of to our NEW attraction does anyone know what this means :( :(

oakLee

Roller Poster

The clue is referring to the Sleepy Hollow legend. I think at best we will see possibly a revamp of Brer into The Headless Horseman it something like that, and possibly a small attraction in the old Theatre, maybe a walk through experience based on the Tree of the Dead??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

But you never know they might be planning huge ride and will start building it anytime now when do you think they will announce it

Martyn B

CF Legend

If a ride was set in stone, it would have been announced by now.

Its just mad that they're still going on about it even though there's not even a hint of construction.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

Is just getting annoying if they haven't annouced or open the new rides I will take pictures and send it on here when I go on the 17th July when do you think they are going to announce it

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

Just come back from oakwood it was a good day but only went on 2 rides today and I was there 6 hours every ride except drenched had two train did go through the old Wild West which Is not cornered of you can go straight through it but there is still fencing around it there are white sheets covering holes in building I was told that new rides were in there and they have knocked down some buildings so it is starting to be build I also seen that the tunnel which the train on Brer Rabbit used to go through is now gone so a new ride must be going there but they have left it really late what do you think the new attractions are and when are they will announce it?

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

Well seeing as they're missing out on the summer season already, I am certain whatever it is has been delayed till next year. At this point I highly doubt it's a coaster, after going there the other week, I simply can't see how they'd fit one in around that area. My best guess would be something similar to Hobbs Pitt, seeing as that seems to have done Pleasurewood hills rather well.

Nathanisbeast

Roller Poster

I have also seen that on tripadvisor the head of marketing of oakwood have been bragging about the new development that they are starting it in the next week and she also said that spooky 3D will have a update and she also said that they have plans to update the mini golf I think they will put it on the old smugglers island so what do you think is coming this year? And what do you think about the update of the mini golf which is coming soon