What's new

"Now Showing"

A

Anonymous

I enjoyed Charlie and The Chocolate factory MUCH more than the first. Tim Burton did a good job in My opinion.

Considering Roal Dahl hated Gene wilders interpretation of Willy wonka I think Johnny Depps is spot on. He's eccentric and child like in the book and is so in the film.

It follows the story of the book much more than the first did. The umpa lumpas are much better and Lumpa land is spot on. It doesnt actually say where its based.

But I thought the Buckets house was ace and the chocolate room looked brilliant. Also it mentions the indian prince and his chocolate palace. Prehaps Tim Burton is a little too dark for kids films but I still thought it rocked deffinetly would reccomend it

Emma
x

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, Charlies was fantastic, Johnny Depp, even if it wasn't how it was written (haven't read it in years, I can't actually remember a lot about it) he is still soo funny with some classic one liners. IMO he is a better Willy then Gene Wilder ever was.

joe

Mega Poster
I was looking through my DVD collection and I saw 'Dude wheres my car'. So I thought I would watch it because I havent seen it in years! It refreshed my memory of the film again, a great movie to watch. Its a classic.

Also I recomend 'Coach Carter' and 'Harold and Kumar go to White Castle'.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I've just sat and watchec most of The Girl Next Door, with Elisha Cuthbert from 24, and it was actually a surprisingly good film. It wasn't as stupid or as laugh-out-loud funny as I was expecting, and it probably helped it in the long run. If you want a film that you could watch with a girlfriend, it's okay (as long as you don't mind the odd boob here & there ;) )

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I watched M:I 2 last night, and even now after about 40 times of watching it I still love it.

It's brilliant, I can't wait for the third!

A

Anonymous

now an old film from me, and i mean OLD :D

FLATLINERS is an absolutely fantastic thriller. Its about a group of medical students who basically kill themselves, but get revived in time to tell what the experience of dying was like.
but the visions while they were dead start happenning....

i know it sounds crap, but you really have to watch it. i wasnt too sure, but i absolutely loved it. And Kiefer Sutherland looks so young (well, it was made in 1990) :D

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I watched Flatliners at the cinema and didn't really rate it at all. It had a couple of good moments, but I just found it kind of tedious... I've not watched it since, but there's a copy floating around work. I'll watch it again, I may find it better now I'm not 16 anymore...

I've got "The Good, the bad and the ugly" to watch some time this week! One of my favourite ever films. I just love it!!!

A

Anonymous

Has anyone seen Dark Water? I want to know if its worth seeing as I havent read any reviews on it....

Lain

Giga Poster
theslammed said:
Has anyone seen Dark Water? I want to know if its worth seeing as I havent read any reviews on it....

It's really bad, theres my review a few pages back.

zcl said:
40 year old virgin is great

Yep, very funny and feel good-y, even if the ending is a bit silly...

Angel

Hyper Poster
Dukes of Hazzard. Saw this the other week. I wasnt sure if it would be good or not.

I havent laughed as much as that during a film in a long long time!

Women, Cars, Car Chase's, Action, Stunts, Comedy.

Definately one of my favourite films this year, personally.

A

Anonymous

Possibly the film to look out for in my opinion is King Kong.
Peter Jackson returns....nuff' said there really,:lol:seriously, watch the trailer...

Last film was Fantastic 4, mediocre I thought, not a patch on Spidey 1 and X-Men...Not as bad as Hulk though...

Ben

CF Legend
I watched Hitchhiker's Guide the other night, and I have never seen a film that goes nowhere like that does. You keep expecting something to happen, and it just never does.... should have left it alone.

A

Anonymous

Try reading the books Ben, they don't even have a love triangle between Arthur, Trillian and Zaphod to successfully conclude. However, Hitchhiker is about the Journey not the destination.

joe

Mega Poster
Holes, a good movie. I enjoyed it, and I did read the book first, well we had to read it in class. A good story to it though.

Ben

CF Legend
^ Ew ew ew ew... NO!

Holes is a poopy poopy film based on the best child- teenage book ever.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Minor_Furie loved Holes, and I thought it was pretty good too. Though I've not read the book...

Anyway! I went to see Wallace and Gromite - Curse of the Were-rabbit today! Superb stuff! Absolutely fantastic! Cannot recommend it enough.

It has rabbits, cheese, giant comic vegetables, rabbits, rabbits that say 'cheese', a Madagasgar Penguin film at the start, floating rabbits, the line 'eat carrot bunny boy', cheese and rabbits!

Erm... Maybe don't go and see it if you don't like cheese or rabbits! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Just watched the trailers for Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride". It looks fantastic... Obviously it'll never be as good as TNBC, but it still looks great! I love the dark wit that comes through, brilliant stuff!!!