What's new

"Now Showing"

Snoo

The Legend
A-Kid said:
Disturbia.

It was not what I was expecting, but it was decent.

8/10.

I had that same feeling actually.. thought it would be more of a 'OMG WEIRD 54 LEGGED CREATURE WITH BUGS!" film?

Well.. thats what I thought.. lol.. but I enjoyed it about as much.

Disturbia.

8/10.

Watch Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. It's about thirty six times better than Disturbia, without all of the romance. Sure, romance can be good, but frickin' half of the movie was them being all like, lovey dovey. At least Rear Window gets right to the action, and was better executed in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Been to the cinema quite a bit lately...last week went to see Fools Gold. It was actually a pretty good film with some good funny moments. 8.5/10

Then yesterday went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall and have to say it was pretty funny with some absolutely hilarious moments although my one complaint is like his other films it was a bit long for the type of film which led to long sections of boring bits. Still a really good film, 8.5/10

Then went to see "The Eye" today which was better than expected, some scary moments and some freaky moments but I liked ending and was okay overall. 7/10

big john

Mega Poster
Tony wrote
Then went to see "The Eye" today which was better than expected

Again another remake of a fantastic jap/korian film why oh why cant hollywoon stop butchering these films and make something origional from there own ideas for once. Go watch the origional and then you know freaky lol

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Disturbia.

8/10.

Watch Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. It's about thirty six times better than Disturbia, without all of the romance. Sure, romance can be good, but frickin' half of the movie was them being all like, lovey dovey. At least Rear Window gets right to the action, and was better executed in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall tonight.

Lovey dovey? Are you serious? Wow.

mrclam

Giga Poster
A-Kid said:
Disturbia.

8/10.

No no no no no.. and no

.. I cant believe i agree with taylor on this one..

It was a rear window rip off.

Dave

CF Legend
big john said:
Tony wrote
Then went to see "The Eye" today which was better than expected

Again another remake of a fantastic jap/korian film why oh why cant hollywoon stop butchering these films and make something origional from there own ideas for once. Go watch the origional and then you know freaky lol

Apparently they've bought the rights to the Korean film OldBoy. If they butcher that i'll kill em :D

Lovey dovey? Are you serious? Wow.

Well, that's not really what I meant, but when compared to Rear Window, it spends too much time getting to the actual point of the movie, as the whole first half is like, a bit of spying on the neighbours, and the majority being spent spying on the girl. Once it got to the exciting parts though, it was decent.

I guess they modernized Rear Window so it would be more interesting for teenagers and stuff today, but I still preferred Rear Window.

Going to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall on Tuesday, but today I went to seeHarold and Kumar: Escape From Guatanamo Bay.

I've never seen the original one, but after seeing this one, I think I plan to. I went into the theatre having really no idea about the film, and I came out thinking it was actually pretty hilarious. It was stupid, as are most immature comedies like that, but stupidity is sometimes good, so it worked.

8/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
I saw Harold and Kumar: Escape From Guatanamo Bay. on monday (gf insisted we went, and i quite liked the first one).

First up, it was nearly as long as LOTR, it went on FOREVER. Erm.. Well that's how it felt anyhows, on exit from the theatre i found out we'd only been in there 90 mins and that included the trailers at the start.

There were VERY few jokes, the ones that were there were very obvious before they happened. Although i do admit to smiling once or twice.

It did actually have some good points to make about the current seeming american phobia of all things minority. But apart from that not great.

The ending and plot in general was predictable, and not in the same league as the first film.

So

4/10

But it has lots of boobies and front bottoms in it.. so ...

7/10

And taylor.. you werent old enough to see that film you know.. all those front bottoms might have corrupted your fragile young mind...

First up, it was nearly as long as LOTR, it went on FOREVER. Erm.. Well that's how it felt anyhows, on exit from the theatre i found out we'd only been in there 90 mins and that included the trailers at the start.

Haha, it didn't seem that long to me! Hour and a half to two hours were spent in the theatre, including previews. The theatre was packed though, which was ugh, but whatever, it didn't take away from the movie.

I actually haven't seen the first one, but I plan to, as the second one was very funny.

It did actually have some good points to make about the current seeming american phobia of all things minority. But apart from that not great.

Haha, it was pretty funny in that respect too. The old lady on the plane was funny.

And taylor.. you werent old enough to see that film you know.. all those front bottoms might have corrupted your fragile young mind...

Oo it's okay.

peep

CF Legend
Last night I went to see Iron Man in London's very lovely Leicester Square Odeon.

Unlike Snoo (damn you, I wanted to be first CFer to review :p ) I wasn't really anticipating the best film ever. This, for me, was a good thing. Although getting to see a decent full length trailer of Indy IV before the film began I think I was too excited to be able to enjoy this film fully. Saying that I thought Iron Man was probably one of the best comic book adaptions ever (still not as awesome as Batman Begins). Robert Downy Jr was spectacular in this and I would maybe go as far as saying maybe his best performance in a film? He made the character funny and realistic and really helped the film move along. I was also very shocked at how quickly we are taken into the heart of the story, unlike Batman Begins this film dives straight into it moving along at a fast and very fun pace.

Also I went on the internet before going along and I found out that there was an extra scene at the end of the credits. So, with about 100 other peeps (everyone else went, silly peeps) I sat and watched this extra scene (I assume you didn't Snoo, if you did, good man) and my God I think it was the best extra scene ever. I can't say too much about it but it is so worth staying for, well for fans anyways.

If this gets a sequel, which sounds like they could be starting on soon, then I will be very pleased. If the hints in the movie happen (especially what happens in the extra scene) then it should be one heck of a sequel! :D

Oh, rating, umm, lets give it a 4.5/5

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Dammit, was going to go see Iron Man last night but ran out of time! I had massive doubts to begin with but the results seem to be excellent, everyone's liking it. It's a quality cast as well. Do you think the fact that this is the first fully Marvel-controlled film has helped?

Kind of feel the same way about Speed Racer as well now, initially I was going to avoid like the plague but it's looking much better...

peep

CF Legend
^I'm not too sure, I suppose the fact Marvel have had full power over the film has been reflected a little but I think its also down to the cast and the director too. I was reading another review this morning and they said that it was the only film for a very long time where they felt the film was too short and that they wanted more (in a good way, the film actually isn't very short). Just from that you know its a very good film.

Also I'm getting mega bad vibes about Speed Racer. I was so looking forward to seeing it but its getting slaughtered (sp?) like a cow by everyone. So I may end up seeing the other new big release this weekend, Nim's Island, instead of Speed Racer. All will be revealed by the end of the weekend, you never know, I may see both :p

Iron Man seems to be getting some pretty good reviews! Not my type of movie, though.

Watched the 1993 version of Lord of the Flies, and it was pretty weird, stupid, good, and creepy all at the same time if that makes any sense whatsoever. It was so odd to see kids dying in a movie because that doesn't happen often at all, so yeah, to see two kids die really bad deaths due to the other kids killing them, it was like whoa! The storyline wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but overall it was an interesting movie.

7/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I watched Rush Hour 3 yesterday.

I was really dissapointed. The acting was great, the stunts were good, and some of the lines were awesome. The problem was that the story felt a bit weak and silly.

I would give it 7/10. If it had had a good plot then it would have been a 8 or 9.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Unlike Snoo (damn you, I wanted to be first CFer to review :p) I wasn't really anticipating the best film ever.
Neither was I, but I was really surprised at how much better it was than I thought it'd be.

Some of the scenes were fantastic, with some decent humour thrown in every now and then (although a couple of people sitting in front of us, wouldn't stop laughing at even the most miniscule "jokes" :roll:).

But overall, I'm glad I saw it, and I'd definitely recommend it.

8½/10.

Ollie

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Watched the 1993 version of Lord of the Flies, and it was pretty weird, stupid, good, and creepy all at the same time if that makes any sense whatsoever. It was so odd to see kids dying in a movie because that doesn't happen often at all, so yeah, to see two kids die really bad deaths due to the other kids killing them, it was like whoa! The storyline wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but overall it was an interesting movie.

7/10

Im doing my GCSE's on that book. Saw the film but found it boring and would personally only give it a 3.

So yeah my future relies on how much I know about it, If thats not scary I don't know what is. :p