What's new

"Now Showing"

Anybody who doesn't think Toy Story is the best Pixar film is clearly retarded.

Also; Cars was awesome, Incredibles was good, and Ratatouille was meh beyond belief.

Toy Story is freakin' fabulous, I'll agree with you there.

Cars is also awesome, if you're a five year old. It was so predictable, and it had a storyline that I could have come up with in like, two minutes. Okay, so Tow Mater was adorable, but that was the only positive part of the entire film.

Ratatouille doesn't deserve to be in IMDB's top 250 movies of all time, but it was miles better than cars, and it was so cute! <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Toy Story
2. Finding Nemo
3. Monsters Inc.
4. Toy Story 2
5. The Incredibles
6. Cars

Have yet to watch Ratatoille

OMG Matt we're like Pixar film rating twins, though you just have to switch Monsters Inc with Nemo, and you'll pretty much have my exact ratings.

Have yet to watch Ratatoille

And you've also yet to learn how to spell Ratatouille ;) .

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
It's not a movie, but my roommates and I are going through the Firefly TV series (which Serenity was based off of).

We're through 8 of the 14 episodes, which are all fantastic so far. Overall the best piece of media I've ever seen. This last episode confirms that fact that Malcolm Reynolds is the coolest fictional character I know.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I have yet to see Ratatouille either, but I'll probably see it in the week (we've got in on DVD), so I'll post a review when I can.

I actually liked Cars. The soundtrack was great and suited the movie well, and overall the plot was fun and enjoyable.

But my three favourite Pixar films are The Incredibles, Monsters Inc and probably Finding Nemo or Toy Story 2.

In other news, the Oscars were last night! Yay for Daniel Day-Lewis winning Best Actor for There Will Be Blood! Not surprising though, and he won Best Actor in the BAFTAs and the Golden Globes.

Well Johnny, I thought the Oscar Awards were a bit messed to be honest. I know Juno got like, one award, but I'd much rather have seen Ellen Paige get an award rather than the director himself. She's probably the best new actress of the year, and she deserved one.

Oh well though, I don't really care about the Oscar awards and all that jazz.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Lain said:
Anybody who doesn't think Toy Story is the best Pixar film is clearly retarded.

Also; Cars was awesome, Incredibles was good, and Ratatouille was meh beyond belief.

Blatantly the other way around.

It seems the warm, fuzzy feeling at the end had the opposite reaction on you and Snoo... evidently you're both FAR too manly XD

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Blatantly Lain is perspicacious beyond his meagre years!

As technically competent as Ratatouille was, it was just so bland. The story was obvious, it went along, bumbling on a well trodden direction, and was just so dull. When where Pixar ever formulaic? I missed the warm fuzzy ending because I couldn't be bothered. I've NEVER given up on a Pixar film before!

So, I watched Die Hard (on Blu-Ray) over the weekend, and it was as superb as always. Minor_Furie watched it with me, and he thought it was awesome. It was so great to see him jumping about on the edge of his seat. It reminded me of the tension and excitement I felt the first time I watched it - superb entertainment :D

Watched Back to the Future Part III last night then (we V+'d (it's like Sky+ only more Virginal) the other two over Christmas, but missed the third one, so rented it :D ). I really enjoy this film - I think it's probably the best of the series. The SFX are still pretty good, and I do enjoy seeing real effects! The film is just great fun though, well directed, well written, excellently paced. It's just more great entertainment! :D

And Ratatouille was pants, did I mention that? :p

mrclam

Giga Poster
I saw Ratatouille on a flight.

It was alreet. Glad i didnt pay money for it :lol:

It wasnt as bad as say, the simpsons movie.

mrclam

Giga Poster
John91 said:
Hehe, all this pixar discussion has prompted me to watch Toy Story again. Man that film is still awesome. 10/10

Shame about toy story 2.. over sentimental disney dross.. Complete with nicey nice sentimental disney songs (not even catchy sing along ones!) and stuff..

3/10

Lain

Giga Poster
Almost said:
Smelly said:
John91 said:
Hehe, all this pixar discussion has prompted me to watch Toy Story again. Man that film is still awesome. 10/10

Shame about toy story 2.. over sentimental disney dross.. Complete with nicey nice sentimental disney songs (not even catchy sing along ones!) and stuff..

3/10

HA.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/toy_story_2/

Damn.

The internet disagrees with me. My opinion is worthless.

Goodbye cruel world!

Rotten Tomatoes isn't really the end-all be-all though. I mean, I know I've compared my opinions to IMDB, but I think that website is far more accurate than Rotten Tomatoes will ever be.

Watched American Pie 2, which was actually pretty good and funny. I haven't seen the others surprisingly, but there were a lot of really fun parts, so overall I'll give it a 8/10.

Ollie

CF Legend
Got 'Run Fat Boy Run' today on dvd.
Saw it in the cinema when it came out and liked in, so got it on dvd.
It's a good film, but no-where near as good as Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. :D

8/10. 8)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Bob the Build - On Site!

60 minutes of Bob the Builder using real world footage to explain how roads and bridges are built!

Top quality entertainment, and a must for all digger and earth mover fanatics out there.

#How do you do it? How do you do it? How do you build a road?#

4/4 for the film, 10/4 for Neil Morrissey because he comes from Stafford (I met his brother in Fung's Chinese one night).