What's new

"Now Showing"

kimahri

CF Legend
marc said:
Snow White on BluRay is stunning.

They have done such a good job cleaning it up and sorting the sound out.

The special features on the 2nd disk are very good as well, they cover a lot of the history of Disney and some of the parks.

Kewl. I've been thinking of getting Snow White on Blu-ray. Seems to be the only animated film that will not age.

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Just saw Imginarium...

Was good, not great...

Visually pleasing, and most of the performances were good! Just kinda got lost at the end.

Lily Cole should stick to modelling, or whatever she did before.

6or7/10 can;t decide

Ollie

CF Legend
Saw two films today.

Boogeyman:
I liked the look of this film just because of the creepy box art. :lol: But sadly it didn't really live up. It had a good opening but the theme didn't really give them much to work on and it just seemed to have stuff to fill the space until it got to the end which was just confusing. It had some jumpy moments but most were predictable
6/10

Kidulthood:
They have the whole film on BBC iPlayer at the moment. If you haven't seen it before then I recommend you do now. It's nice and gritty and has quite a few moment where you think 'ooh'. Some of the acting is superb and you really get an insight into what their lives are like. It had some really good scenes and some nice camera shots. It's kinda hard to explain. It's just a great film to watch. :)
8/10

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Kidulthood <3 I saw it back before it was mainstream and loved it. Went to see Adulthood opening night as well, and I was the only non-chav there xD

Went to see This Is It tonight. It was ok. I hate the fact that they are using it exploit his name and earn money from his death, but as a film, it was ok. Not particularly thrilling, though Martyn did keep telling me off for singing throughput :lol:

If you are a MASSIVE MJ fan, it's for you, otherwise...

6/10

nealbie

CF Legend
Silenthill:- Actually stunned at how good this film is! It's almost perfect even; except for the continual use of the pathetic fallacy, which really pissed me off.

Just because someone is angry, upset, scared DOES NOT mean that it has to be ****ing RAINING! Eugh!

So a 9.5/10 for an epically good movie that is very well put together and a complete psychological mind-fook.

nealbie

CF Legend
Other than the pathetic fallacy. It really is.

Although the 2nd game is tonnes better yes. Love it.

Yeah, for me 9.5 is high. I've never given anything non-Disney (with the exception of Terminator 2) a mark that high. Just realised that means it's one of my top 5 films :p

nealbie

CF Legend
Yes. Well it's quite obvious that changes needed to be made to turn it into a movie.

It works as a movie, yes it ****s up the chronology of the games. But they're 2 separate entities and should be considered as so.

It seems to me like the only reason you dislike the movie is because it is not correct when related directly to the games.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I never got into the games due to them being dull and tedious.

The film was actually, probably, maybe the best film of game adaptation I've ever seen (though that isn't saying much ;) ).

As somebody who doesn't know the games, but likes horror - it was a solid 8/10 film really. Not brilliant, but a long long way from dreadful. I seem to remember there were a few little bits where it didn't hand together too well, and the direction got a bit heavy handed at times. However, it was a good watch!

Ollie

CF Legend
Silent Hill is great and easily the best game to film adaption there has been. It doesn't stick 100% to the storyline of the games but involves everything fans love about them. I remember watching it after just having completed the first three Silent Hill games for the first time. I loved it.
But a few months ago I watched it again and it didn't seem as good.

Anyway speaking of games to films has anyone seen the trailer for the Prince of Persia movie?
Personally I think looks gorgeous visually and the effects look amazing. Although I'm hoping they can make it into a decent film as well and not just a good looking crap film. :p
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8EA7EbFX4k[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
^Also the majority of the special effects are being done in London too :p I think loads of it was filmed at one of the UK sudios too.

Last night went to see An Education but ended up seeing 9.

It was a fantastic film. The animation is just so beautiful and the textures were so realistic. I'd almost go as far as saying that it's the closest I've seen to Pixar from any other studio. The story is intriguing and cool and is always unravelling new details. I found it really enjoyable and it never has a dull moment, something is always happening. It's biggest downfall though is that it is too short, which is a shame. You really do start to crave more information about the past, the characters and this now very derelict World. Maybe if it was longer it wouldn't be as good as it is but you do find yourself asking loads of questions.

Rating: 4.5/5

marc

CF Legend
Finally watched Bugs Life last night.

I thought it was ok, some parts were funny.

I do think though that it's the worst Pixar film I can see why it did not do so well.

I don't think its slow like many people say but it does lack the sparkle of other Pixar films.

5 out of 10.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Game to movie adaptations?

Well Blood Rayne 2 is the bestest thing ever.. and not at all because someone you all know and (probably not) love is in it...