What's new

"Now Showing"

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
^About Alien or the Resident Evil film I reviewed?

Well, the fact you're a million miles off the mark about Alien means that you must also be for every other film you review, so both :p

[Rec] must be the biggest turd the world has ever seen... Though that's what Taylor thinks, so it's a bit of a paradox...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Regarding [REC], I was under the impresion it was good, but hardly anyone watched it. They have just remade it in America (yes, a remake in THE SAME YEAR), so is that any better, havn't seen either one.

Good to see another Alien fan!

Ben

CF Legend
blaze123 said:
Regarding [REC], I was under the impresion it was good, but hardly anyone watched it. They have just remade it in America (yes, a remake in THE SAME YEAR), so is that any better, havn't seen either one.

Rec came out last year. But, of course, the Spanish couldn't possibly have been allowed to release their own film in Spain first, could they?

What I don't understand is why they remade Rec in the first place, like, they released a few movies here that have subtitles and all that, so what's the difference? Heck, Pan's Labyrinth was very popular when it came out, and it's subtitled, so what was the purpose of spending all that money to remake it?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I think it was becuase it was a disater as far as making money was concerned, and nobody watched it, mostly because it was Spanish, so the remake was made by someone who liked it and thought it was wrong that nobody saw it, so made their own.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
blaze123 said:
I don't like the idea of a grown up action film in CGI, but if its good, then it shouldnt matter too much

Buh? I really really wish people would make more (if any...) adult CG films. Avatar's about the only (almost) adult CG film for the forseeable future.

Think how much they could do with a horror! It's so... doable!

peep

CF Legend
To be honest I don't think anything gets banned now, apart from maybe that game a couple years back.

I see a CGI film the same as any other film. What about Beowulf? Tripe film but amazing visual effects. It will be interesting to see what comes of Avatar but atm they are releasing nothing. I think one character pic has been leaked and that has been it, so yeah, intrigued.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I think films look better real-look at the Ailen series-in Aliens (Number 2), the Aliens are all real working models using hydrolics and pupets, or actors in costums, and they look so much better than the Aliens in the AVP films, and CGI doesn't look as good, you can't create an atmosphere or emotion so well, and real life will always look more real than CGI. Has to be done properly, not with CGI, one of the most important things is the acting and the emotion of the actors, and CGI means you can't see how much effort the actors have put in, emotion and effort makes films look so much better.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
And what about the cost?

What do you think is cheaper?
-Designing a creature, building models, manufacturing the pieces for the robotics, ensuring the robotics work correctly, maintaining the robotics so that they're always working
OR
-Doing the same with a computer where no pieces are needed to be made or worked on?

With the improving computer technology, it's no wonder CGI is used more because of the lower cost it has, and look at Wall.E, so parts of it were very realistic... (bar the whole space thing, but the robots themsleves looked very real on occasion...)

peep

CF Legend
Just got back from seeing Changeling.

What a brilliant film. Angelina Jolie was excellent, John Malkovich was superb and the story was so shocking yet engaging. I think the fact it says its based on real events adds a whole extra layer of how shocking some parts are. If you don't know about the film, the main story is about a mother who loses her child. The police tell her they have found her child but she tells them the kid they gave her is not hers. The police have none of it and make her out to be insane. I don't really want to say anything after that point because I feel I would give too much away. The film is quite long and it does seem to move very slowly near the beginning but then it really gets into the story and as you move on the plot thickens and becomes something I really wasn't expecting.

Rating: 4/5

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nearly Christmas-time to break out The Great Escape for the 24th, and Moonraker for 26-even though its rubish, hey its tradition. Great Escape is class, though.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
^^I really want to see that!

I've seen two Clint Eastwood films, both of which were excellent, so I'm keen to see this as well. Good to hear Angelina in a good role! On her way to her 2nd Oscar from what I heard.

peep

CF Legend
^Well as long as she gets a nomination I'll be happy. Tbh, it was the first Clintwood-directed film I'd seen, yeah I know shock-horror. So I think that added to my amazement of it, surprised at how good he is.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I went and saw Bond last night.

I was stoned.

It was excellent.

10/10.

marc

CF Legend
The film was excellent or you were :)

Ian have you bought Batman yet, the hotel is Spain has a dvd player so I will make sure I pack our copy.