What's new

Notable Deaths 2014

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Peaches Geldolf. Meh.

Ultimate Warrior, now that is sad. My brother and I grew up imitating the WWF (as it was called then) moves. The four characters we'd be were Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker or Bret The Hitman Hart. I feel like a part of my childhood has died.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It was his characters name but iirc he legally changed it to Ultimate Warrior.

Such a shame, he'd literally just come back at Wrestlemania at the weekend and gave a big speech on Monday night Raw about death, being remebered in death etc...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ian said:
Ultimate Warrior, now that is sad. My brother and I grew up imitating the WWF (as it was called then) moves. The four characters we'd be were Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker or Bret The Hitman Hart. I feel like a part of my childhood has died.
I actually did the tombstone on my sister when we were young, god knows how she survived.

Been thinking about it all day, unfortunately icons will die, you hope they live to a ripe old age but at least the guy got 50 odd years, better than a lot of celebs.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^Steroids are a bitch. The life expectancy on the planet right now is 67, and that includes 3rd world nations. Most developed nations are around 80. 50 years is almost half of what you should expect...and I would say celebs are no different. Sure you have the young stars that burn too bright and make the headlines, but for every Paul Walker there is a Mickey Rooney. Mickey Rooney was what? **** 123 or something like that? Shirley Temple just died and my grandparents watched her when they were little.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Sucks about Townsend, I had hoped Adrian Mole would continue, as it stands he's been left on a bit of a cliffhanger!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, that's pretty sad stuff :(

A really diverse and talented actor, never seemed to actually make it huge in a popular film though.

nealbie

CF Legend
I'll always remember him for being run over by Schumacher in the pitlane at the 2000 Spanish Grand Prix during a pitstop. He broke his leg.

Obviously no one deserves to be killed like this, but he was a dreadful human being.