What's new

Nostalgic Love for not very good rides?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Sorry, I meant to say I adore much more than the average person by putting them above rides like WC, Skyrush, LROD, Outlaw Run, I Rat.
I underatand that I didn't clarify enough, and this probably should have been in the controversial opinions thread. My Bad.

Judging by the amount of Fury t-shirts we saw in line for Steel Vengeance this past opening day, I'd say that your opinion is of the average person :p

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
Boss at Six Flags St. Louis. it's rough, it's painful, and the layout needs work, but I cant help but love it. I got a massive migraine after marathoning this one.It's probably because the rest of the park isn't great either. I have a soft spot for Boss. RMC PLEASE ANYONE?

Attachments

• BossSixFlagsStLouis.jpg
    BossSixFlagsStLouis.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13

cookie

Giga Poster
Monsunen (The Monsoon) at Tivoli Gardens:

Tivoli_-_Monsunen.jpg

Has had so many fun memories with it and still go on it multiple times per visit even if it's not the mind-blowing ride 11-year old me thought it was. My heart will break if they ever decide to remove it.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Even though Mind Bender at Six Flags over Georgia doesn't offer much in the way of ballistic laterals, kickbutt ejector air and grey-out forces like its bigger Canadian brother, I somehow love the coaster. I enjoy its relaxing layout that twists and turns through the treetops, glides by a waterfall and weaves around the Harley Quinn tilt a whirl. I don't know what makes me love it so much.

cookie

Giga Poster
Even though Mind Bender at Six Flags over Georgia doesn't offer much in the way of ballistic laterals, kickbutt ejector air and grey-out forces like its bigger Canadian brother, I somehow love the coaster. I enjoy its relaxing layout that twists and turns through the treetops, glides by a waterfall and weaves around the Harley Quinn tilt a whirl. I don't know what makes me love it so much.
I think most Schwarzkopf coasters, even the lesser ones, have a certain charm to them.

Last edited:

Alex B

Mega Poster
Steel force may not be special but it will always have a place in my heart as my first non kiddie roller coaster

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disneyland Paris is in my top 3.

Absolutely gutted that they are retheming it.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Kumba at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, although being good by itself, is further elevated in my rankings due to my extreme sentiment and bias towards the coaster. In fact, Kumba was the "coaster-that-got-me-into-coasters" and over my fear of inversions! Even since I've ridden exactly 150 coasters, Kumba has consistently stayed in my top 10. It's a very old-school, intense ride that draws some parallels to Mindbender in Canada, albeit a more relaxed and much less aggressive version.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
I second Quantum at Thorpe for sure. The first time I went was on a school trip when I was 13 and the park was almost empty save for us and one other school (it was mid-week in early spring during term time). Because most rides were walk-on a very chilled out ride operator let us ride Quantum about three or four times in a row and only made us get off the ride when another group finally started queueing. I thought it was the coolest thing ever back then. I was sad that it was closed and in scaffolding for most of this season but I guess it’s getting on a bit :/

Anyway, I have a soft spot for X/TWD/ETC for the same reason and because of the same school trip. It was still going backwards then so we thought it was crazy. I think it might have even been my favourite at the time, which feels absurd now.

There’s also Steeplechase at Blackpool Pleasure Beach; I know a lot of people don’t tend to rate it very highly but I was delighted by it when I was seven and if I went back to the park now I can guarantee it would still be one of my priorities. Same goes for that one really big fast carousel thing there (the name evades me right now).