What's new

No Limits Competition VI- Fluch Me!

Slash

Giga Poster
^ This is making me depressed. We'll probably put in more time and still fail :p. Ahhh well its the taking part that matters. Plus I'm having great fun making this!

Xpress

Strata Poster
loefet said:
^ Mine is neither, but I guess that this comp is to make a launched Eurofigther and seeing that FVN is the only one then that why it's loosely based on it.

I think I know how to connect it all up now, I just need to finish it off...

EDIT: Just supports to go now, YAY!!

Pardon my bad French, but: Holly crap you're fast!!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've got...

1140ft.

This could take a while.

Jer

Strata Poster
Almost done w/ supports, I have more than half of the ride done. up next, Train Textures.

A

Anonymous

^^^ It's standard build time for me.

^^ Gambatte!!!

I have just come to the conclusion that I really like making Gerstlauer supports, and you don't have to do as many as you think.
My goal is to finish of the ride today...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Dave, I had a question this morning, but now it wouldn't matter, but I'm still going to ask it:

What is your definition of stacking? Is it alright if the train stops in the blocks for less than a second, or does it have to constantly move into the station?

My trackwork and banking is done. I also have the intervals down pretty nicely too. I also have some main supports in. Now I just have to finish the supports and add trees.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Woo, surpassed 2000ft. :D

Edit: I've finished my track, with a totally original track ending, lol. Now, just to support...

A

Anonymous

About a fifth left to support now, YAY!!

EDIT: Supports are done!!
Dave expect a mail sometime today.

EDIT2: E-mail sent.

Good luck everyone!!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Xpress said:

Edit: I've finished my track, with a totally original track ending, lol. Now, just to support...

So you don't end your ride with breaks as every other coaster in the world does?

Wow, that is original.

Dave

CF Legend
rollerdude said:
Dave, I had a question this morning, but now it wouldn't matter, but I'm still going to ask it:

What is your definition of stacking? Is it alright if the train stops in the blocks for less than a second, or does it have to constantly move into the station?

My trackwork and banking is done. I also have the intervals down pretty nicely too. I also have some main supports in. Now I just have to finish the supports and add trees.

Long as the train dosen't sit on a brake segment for too long, like for instance it sits on the lift hill.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right, layout is done.

I've had more time off today than I originally imagined, so I've got loads done.

All I have to do is smooth out a couple of sections and sort out the Gs.

Oh, and er... +4000ft. ;)

A

Anonymous

Hixee said:
Oh, and er... +4000ft. ;)
Damn you!!

He he :wink:

Good luck with the smoothing, btw why not do that as you build each segment?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well, I did loads of it in the editor without going back into the sim.

I find that the track feels different in the sim.

Normally I would do it as I go, I was just going a bit mental with the layout. It's not too bad, I just need to sort out a couple of sections I'm not happy with.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Finding loopholes in the rules, I have adapted one for my ride for length purposes. Wont say what that is, would probably give mine away for the riders choice. Mine is between 110 and 120 foot high, about as high as the launch can take it.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Xpress said:

So you don't end your ride with breaks as every other coaster in the world does?

Wow, that is original.

**** HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!?!?

In any matter, I've got the layout around 1/2 way supported now.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Smoothed out now...

...well, as much as I can without dying.

I suppose I just got to support now.

Oh, and Loefet... um... +4200ft ;)

A

Anonymous

^ Well, I'm over 3000 ft so I don't really care :)

By the way Dave did you receive my track?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^YOU'RE DONE!

**** ME!

Now that's showing off. :lol:

A

Anonymous

^ I was done yesterday, would have been done faster if I hadn't remodeled one section of the track.

I don't really see the point of working on a coaster for more then just a few days, unless you are doing something really special.
Most of my competition entries are made in about 3 days, with one done in 24 hours and another in 6 hours...