What's new

No BO at Thorpe (what will Infernus do?)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Another none news item. Thorpe are banning raising of arms which causes the spread of BO smells across Thorpe.

Erm, yeah!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... odour.html
article-0-061871D4000005DC-41_233x333.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That'll affect the majority of coaster enthusiasts...seeing as we're all fat and sweaty, right...? :roll:

I wish Thorpe would spend time on their reliability/long queue issues instead of gimicks like this.

Emmett

Giga Poster
This is nothing to do with BO and everything to do with free PR for Thorpe Park. It's the school holidays and, according to this article, tomorrow is "expected to be the hottest day of the month", so they're getting their name in the papers. It's the same as Alton Towers banning Speedos a few weeks ago. Purely PR!!

I agree with this comment. With all the other major parks in the news lately due to various things happening, Thorpe must have felt they were left out.

I'd love to see if they really have people patrolling the rides to make sure people don't put their hands up. Also if you don't suffer from BO can you still put your arms up.

marc

CF Legend
Well we can see where the budget for Saw went now :)

Maybe if they provided cover for the queues and air con then people would not get so hot. Plus its all the walking round people have to do to find a ride that works and then get worked up when nothing is working :)

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I was listening to Jo Wiley earlier on Radio 1 and they had a massive discussion about this. Apparently, it's only Thorpe that stinks of BO, according to listeners.

I'm afraid that smell is not BO. It's the smell of chav.

Emmett

Giga Poster
On the BBC they are now saying that staff have been issued with deodorant for customers with BO. Imagine them making people having to spray themselves.

Also its funny to see that in most of the articles they don't mention Saw when they are naming their scary and exciting rides. Maybe thats where the bad smell is coming from.

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Another pathetic publicity stunt from Merlin, like they're actually going to go up to people and tell them to put their arms down. Theres been Project Giant gurgle at AT, them banning speedos and banning PDAs and now this at Thorpe. Just give up Merlin.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The most Chessie has is 'Rules for Kids' to stop them being 'embarrassed' by parents, but I only noticed this when leaving the park today at the hotel entrance...

This is silly...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
stealthbo.jpg

Lol. Thats right, place it at the base of the giant penis.

I just lol at the whole thing! :--D Its funny. Ain't gonna stop me putting arms up on Colly and Saw and Stealth!

Christ, imagin how much it would of cost them to print all those signs for the park!! (I assume there all over, dont actually know for sure)

Haha, **** BO, it smells like rotten celery.

But, this is really stupid.. If people choose not to wear deodorant, parks can't force it, nor can they make all of us deodorant wearers keep our hands down on rides!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Emmett said:
On the BBC they are now saying that staff have been issued with deodorant for customers with BO. Imagine them making people having to spray themselves.

Excuse me sir, I couldn't help noticing the evil stench coming from your airmpits, can I offer you some anti-perspirant?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I went down there today. It's a bit of a laugh, and it seemed to work! Didn't encounter one smelly person in the park, which if you think about the main audience of the park (pubescent teenagers) was quite an achievement!

Some people are taking this way too seriously. At least Thorpe are making an effort to keep the smelly twats from not smelling so bad. That deserves a high five.

marc

CF Legend
Maybe they can tell their staff to wear some as well.

I have in the pasted noticed some ride ops and shop workers that stink.

I make sure I dont get BO but if I did after a long day and a memeber of staff came up to me I would tell them to **** off and stop insulting me.

What will be next, mints for people with bad breath?

Tbh the most anoying smell at Thorpe is from the food areas and the bins.

Will probably get "Sure the Ride". Sure wont let you down but Thorpe will :)