What's new

NL2 Competitions - 2016 summary and 2017 plans

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Unfortunately the way things are with work at the moment means I'm only really at home at weekends. I don't think I'd ever really be able to find the time to enter. Plus, I'm pretty flat out trying to get the Table of Elements videos complete.

That said, I do enjoy doing these, so really would do my best to get an entry in. I'm definitely not confirmed, but I'm a maybe.

I haven't tried it in months, so haven't ever had the issue, but some people were reporting that one of the new updates was killing the performance on their machines, has anyone got this and would it prevent people entering?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
My computer isn't strong enough now to run it, but I'd make the template and run the comp. I can't even load the sim as it maxes out at 5 fps with everything as low as possible.

Let's put a pin in the competition for a few more months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Dar

Hyper Poster
I turned off the new "screen-space ambient occlusion" option on the setup screen:
z5YfTVc.jpg

You might also need to turn off the "bloom" option in the "F7" view menu in the sim. I don't know if it's new or not but I turned it off, just in case :p
9WUGMHx.jpg

That seemed to bring my sim framerate back up to where it was before.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oooh, this could be a game changer.

I'll try before/after on my PC at the weekend and see how I get on. Tom - does that fix the issue for you?

jay37415

Mega Poster
A new(er) update was just posted saying it is to fix the bugs of the previous update. So maybe this new(er) update will help.
If need be, I have a few ideas for templates, I can help run the comps if y'all dont have the time.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'll check today to see if it works. If it did, I'll try and get a comp up this week or next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As you will see over in the "Triple Threat" thread, Tom has resigned from the role of running NL2 competitions. I also won't be taking on the role, as I simply don't have the time with other CF and personal projects.

If someone is willing to run them (and, crucially, get people to enter), then you'll have @tomahawk and my support, and any guidance we can give.

That goes for any other games people would like to run competitions for. If someone is willing to set them up and run them, Tom and I will be sure help if we can! Planet Coaster, Parkitect, RCT3, RCT2(!), RCTWorld, anything! It's all yours!