What's new

Nintendo Themed World for Universal Japan

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Mario kart launch has varied launch speeds throughout course to make the racing feeling better. That'd be pretty amazing.

I'd want something smash bros related, maybe like forbidden forest and different rooms are different characters. Or like Toy Story Mania at the end you have to beat the hand.

So many possibilities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Heck, if we're wishlisting, give me something akin to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Doesn't matter what IP it is, just something grand with screens, motion and animatronics. It'd be an epic hit.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Hyde said:
Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! [/chant]
So in other words, lawn mowing? How amazing would it be if the landscaping team dressed up as Link and anytime they cut something they had to say "ay-ya" when guests are around.

Please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
This doesn't need a new topic and follows on form my previous post, but Despisable Me is apparently replacing Back To The Future.
source
Kill me
__

Does anyone know when Nintendo is coming? I think it could be as good as Harry Potter.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Hyde said:
Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! Zelda! [/chant]
Gotta agree here. Not much of a gamer but I have played a few Nintendo games, including two Zelda games and they were by far my favorites.

I personally prefer the more freeing, adventurous side to the games, like exploring islands and finding secret places and the like. However, with what the franchise is mostly known for, probably the way to go for this would be a dark shooter that can randomize into a few different dungeons from the series. Like, someone gets a boomerang, a bow, a slingshot, and a grappling hook and you have to shoot miniblins and chuchus and the like, and at the end battle one of the bosses.

Mario Kart should definitely be a coaster, maybe a launched racing Maurer like Fioranno GT Challenge if they don't go out of business. Pokemon I could see being some kind of outdoor scenic ride through different settings with different types of Pokemon about, maybe a rapids ride with broken animatronics? ;)

djmcbell

Roller Poster
I had an idea for a big Nintendo-themed park, so bear with me. It's probably crap anyway.

Main area would of course have to be Mario, probably with Peach's castle (if you're going to go down a Disney route). Mario would of course have to have some sort of roller coaster, probably a traditional one (as opposed to something like Gringotts). Also, a Mario Kart track (I guess it'd have to be weapons-less go-karts) that is really well themed and winds around the area and coaster, and any other attractions here.

Zelda/Hyrule area, with the main attraction here I could imagine being a water ride, Valhalla-style, through Hyrule castle. Don't know what else could be round here as I don't know the franchise that well.

Some sort of futuristic area which would have a ride dedicated to Star Fox (preferably duelling coasters, a la Duelling Dragons - one side for Star Fox, the other for Star Wolf), and also a shooting ride for Metroid (like MiB, Duel etc). Maybe try and get some F-Zero love in there too somehow (now that'd be one heck of a use for Spiderman stuff).

A jungle zone which would have a mine cart (hopefully mostly indoors / in caves) for Donkey Kong, and also some sort of Pikmin playground for kids.

A Pokemon area which has a "Pokemon Snap" water ride. It would mainly be a town or small village, and a new Pokemon game would be brought out in conjunction. Various Pokemon animatronics would be in this area and, if you take a picture of them on a 3DS with the new game, you get to use them in the game.

That's literally all the random crap I can think of.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Surprised they'll also include the American parks, that was unexpected! Would love to see all of their IP's making an appearance somehow, but as far as I'm aware it's only going to be Mario for the time being.

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
I'm really not surprised to see it at the american parks. Nintendo is a Worldwide Company I'd imagine they'd want their IP's at Everywhere possible to get as much exposure as possible.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looking forwards to seeing how this turns out. But 2020? arggg i was planning to go well before then.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Did anybody notice that the Bowser Castle used in the video has the exact same entrance as the race track of the same name in Mario Kart Wii? Well, almost, there's a tower above Bowser's head which is taken from the Mario Kart 8 version of the track.
800px-BCW2.png

Also, the background music is taken from Toy Time Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy.