What's new

Nigloland | Krampus Expedition | Mack Water Coaster | 2021

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Tonight Coastersworld.fr hosted a livestream doing a recap of a Planet Coaster event they did where the goal was to create the new 2021 ride for Nigloland, everything went nice until Rodolphe Gelis, director of the park appeared, for a surprise video to announce that the park was building a new rollercoaster for 2021 !

And as a bonus we saw that the footers are already in place !

KoA4c14.png
(we buildin' on the hill now boys)

bpGzPMs.jpg

St28HN6.png

So it's time to start those sweets sweets theory about which manufacturer and models it will be ! Anyway another great, i hope, rollercoaster in France !

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh; exciting news! I take it this is in addition to Noisette Express, the children’s roller coaster originally intended for 2020?

As for this ride, presuming it’s for thrill seekers, something from Mack wouldn’t surprise me given that the park has Alpina Blitz. Maybe something like a BigDipper, or an XTREME Spinning Coaster, would work?

Pear

Strata Poster
Definitely appears to be a Mack footer. The 4 tan bolts and washer type are the same as what's seen at Nigloland.

NPNConstruction2B252822529.png

Picture29.png

images.png

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I remember in an interview with Rodolphe Gelis a few years back, he did say that the park may consider an inverting coaster in the future. My money is that it will be a Big Dipper, as he also said that a launch would have represented a 30% cost increase for Alpina Blitz, so they went with a much cheaper chain lift.

Maybe it could be the first Big Dipper dive coaster?

Matt N

CF Legend
I remember in an interview with Rodolphe Gelis a few years back, he did say that the park may consider an inverting coaster in the future. My money is that it will be a Big Dipper, as he also said that a launch would have represented a 30% cost increase for Alpina Blitz, so they went with a much cheaper chain lift.

Maybe it could be the first Big Dipper dive coaster?
I’d say a BigDipper seems like quite a plausible guess, as the trains would also differentiate it from Alpina Blitz somewhat! Maybe as you say, we could see the first BigDipper Dive Coaster, as correct me if I’m wrong, I think they could market it as France’s first dive coaster!

Pear

Strata Poster
As has been said above bit many rides use the 4 bolt setup but mack and geurst have done before.

A very unlikely one this but these also use 4 bolt footers

View attachment 8369

And for reference the footers on time traveller.
View attachment 8370
Yeah many coasters do use the 4 bolt setup, however the tan color of the bolts and washer type are very indicative of Mack. However I would love to be surprised by something else.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
Their 4 currently operating coasters are all manufactured by Mack; their new kiddie coaster currently being installed isn’t - but it clearly shows the park is fond of Mack coasters.

I think the park would be better suited for a Big Dipper over a Xtreme Spinner - either or, if the park get either of these two; it will be a good addition to their expanding line up.

A Water Coaster would be good. I would prefer a Powersplash personally as well as a Big Dipper or Xtreme Spinner cause that is a good modern example of a Water Coaster with the technology of now

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I've seen mentions online of a rumoured Mack Water Coaster a few times before this.
Although all installations so far have had square footers (link) which gives me hope it will be something else from Mack but I suppose some slight design change could have occurred without much issue. Intrigued to find out.

peep

CF Legend
I've seen mentions online of a rumoured Mack Water Coaster a few times before this.

Shortly after they built Alpina Blitz they thought about putting a Mack Supersplash sort of in the middle of it (might have realised there wasn't the space for that?). Interview - They clearly wanted a big Mack water ride, not sure that's what they've gone for here but look forward to finding out.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Are we looking at a SuperSplash here or are we looking more towards a Water Coaster like Poseidon? I don't think a Skatteøen clone would go down badly.

Also, are the newer Mack Water Coasters rough? I thought Poseidon rode like a shopping trolley.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I thought similarly to you about the coaster section of Journey to Atlantis @CrashCoaster; that certainly wasn’t the smoothest coaster I’ve ridden. But I think Mack’s profiling has come on a long way since those two were built in 2000 (Poseidon) and 1998 (JTA), especially considering they were Mack’s first two water coasters!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thought similarly to you about the coaster section of Journey to Atlantis @CrashCoaster; that certainly wasn’t the smoothest coaster I’ve ridden. But I think Mack’s profiling has come on a long way since those two were built in 2000 (Poseidon) and 1998 (JTA), especially considering they were Mack’s first two water coasters!
I have also ridden Journey to Atlantis at SWO but it was in 2014 so I don't really remember it as I was only 11. Doesn't surprise me that it rides like ? though. And you are right, so I imagine the newer ones are better, even the re-tracked and re-profiled JTA at SWSD.