What's new

New4D

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: New4D

reddude333 said:
Honestly, a ZacSpin is barely a 4D because the seats may rotate but it only moves up and down otherwise, not side to side...not saying its not a 4D just that it doesn't really fit the definition well.

What? When does an Arrows/S&S 4D seats move left and right?

A Zac Spin is a technical 4D due to the fact that the seats are located on the side of the track and rotate. Many don't consider it a 4D though because it isnt a controlled spin that makes X2, Eejanaika and the Dino World one famous. Intamin can technically make a 4D easily by using their 4 tube track and have the lower set go up and down accordingly. Only foreseeable issue would be track stability.

Switching between the hideouts'...

kimahri

CF Legend
I think he means the track can actually do corners...

Edit: On arrows and **** rather than Zac spins

reddude333

Giga Poster
^ Yes, thank you for actually logically thinking through what I said instead of just insulting my intelligence :)

Intricks

Strata Poster
Then why not just state a zac spin doesnt turn left or right? Didnt mean to insult ya or anything, but found the wording odd.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
bizarrofan10 said:
How many types of 4D coasters exist?

Arrow 4D
ZacSpin
B&M Wind-rider

any more? and this guy is just improving the traditional arrow 4D then, correct?

Going by RCDB as always....

Arrow 4D:
X2, SFMM

Intamin ZacSpin:
Green Lantern: First Flight, SFMM
Inferno, Terra Mitica
Insane, Grona Lund
Kirnu, Linnanmäki

S&S Power 4D
Eejanaika, Fuji-Q
? under construction, China Dinosaur Park

(As has been discussed, wing-riders are not 4D)

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
The rest, are also known as manufacturer's inspired from the design, maybe? That video really made watching the ride go through it's course, really weird. Always helpful to click the mute button.

Josh73

Giga Poster
weird guy speaks like a perv about his "New Technology".

Agreed.
When he sows that the cars have less bulk, they have just as mush, just they aren't blacked in. This guy is creepy... :shock:

Josh73

Giga Poster
weird guy speaks like a perv about his "New Technology".

Agreed.
When he shows that the cars have less bulk, they have just as much, just they aren't blacked in. This guy is creepy... :shock:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
completely off topic question but where would people say the Hoei Sangyo Sledgehammer fits into the 4D spectrum. If a Zac Spin is a 4D then this is too :p

roller_coaster_08_p02.jpg

The seats are free rotating like a Zac Spin but the track can do corners like a 4D.

roller_coaster_08_p03.jpg

The damn thing will probably never be built (looks a bit ham fisted anyway) with Japan's economy at the moment. they've hardly built any coasters in the last few years.

Anyway there is no reason for posting this other than I'm bored and wanted to spark conversation :p

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
There's always a ride in China we haven't heard of. One that doesn't make rides that unique anymore.. Then again, 4D's aren't too common in China. So.. besides this ride above (in the image), where else could there be a ride similar to it (by the same manufacturer)?

A

Anonymous

^^ Those images are from the manufacturer homepage, and I have to say that it's a pretty interesting concept...

www.hoei-sangyo.co.jp/ - Ride Page

roller_coaster_08_p01.jpg

Also looking at this image, then it seems like there might be some kind of control of the rotational movement of the passenger compartment, a simple braking system like that one a Top-Spin...

Also let's not forget about the "Unicoaster", which also would be somewhere between a free spinning and controllable rotation ride: http://www.unicoaster.com/

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Joey said:
^ Why do you know about so many rides that no one else has even heard of?

I'm sad and have no social life???*

*This may be true, partly true or a complete lie... you decide

Anyway the Hammerhead has been on their site for years and years... they always have some interesting concepts on their concept art page but they never seem to progress any further.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, I don't think the ZacSpins are 4Ds either. They only go in three "directions": Back-forth, rotation and up-down. No lateral movement at all restrict them to three dimensions. It's just that one of those dimensions isn't found on most other coasters.

reddude333

Giga Poster
^Well that's exactly what I was saying but in different words...and I got criticized for it. I agree with you though...

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
What I don't understand is why Microsoft Sam here thinks that he can succeed with this design with no experience. Considering that a highly experienced company like Arrow could make things go rather pear shaped with this concept doesn't fill me with confidence with this guy...