What's new

New Thorpe Park MTDP

Novas

Mega Poster
I think that sthe most logical theory. Does anyone know if they can part accept a plan? So If they wanted to build 3 rides, they could submit an application for 10, and even just half get through they'd have the flexibility to pick and choose where to put it in the future.

Darren

Roller Poster
We have to remember that it is only a guide to the council to outline what the park may due in due course. It's most likely that only half of those things that can be seen will appear at the park. Look at the previous MTDP, many things on it weren't built. Another thing to add, it's most likely that one of the coasters will be a Hyper (the plans shown are not an accurate guide, it's just rough). Here is a snippet of another recent document released a few weeks back:

mdp.jpg

The other coasters are anyones guess, although one of them could be the new B&M proposed for Merlin.

Also, note: It states the entrance is due for a complete refurbishment. The bridge is due for widening. Octopus' Garden is going to be replaced with a flat/round ride. The restaurants are also due to be extended.

It does look exciting, but nothing is set in stone... :--D

neo

Mega Poster
I was verifying the link and found this:

http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/business/Im ... 33.003.pdf

Points of interest are on page 12:

+ New major ride for 2012, not to exceed 50 metres in height.

+ New major ride for 2015, not to exceed 40 metres in height.

+ 4-to-5 round rides to be implemented within the 2010-to-2016 timescale (although nine locations were identified).

In all honesty the above document doesn’t mean much at all. It was simply designed to get the Secretary of State’s confirmation that developments at Thorpe Park require an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), and his recommendations of where the report should focus (traffic air pollution, wildlife etc.). Any Theme Park wanting to expand beyond 0.5 hectares needs an EIA anyway, so this report is just required paperwork really.

This phase of the MTDP ended at the beginning of February so it’s a little out dated now. However it did give an idea of how Thorpe Park wishes to update their coaster list in the next 6 years. It’s hard to imagine the full MTDP giving any more detail than is already known, so that’s where it ends really.

But rumours are circulating about a Prototype B&M and Thorpe Park does intend to install its next coaster for 2012, so watch this space.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Remember the old MTDP had Xcelerator's layout for Stealth, and Air's layout for Saw, to give the idea of scale.

If you can figure out what layouts these are we could probs figure out what kinda coaster we're lookin at.

tks

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:
Remember the old MTDP had Xcelerator's layout for Stealth, and Air's layout for Saw, to give the idea of scale.

If you can figure out what layouts these are we could probs figure out what kinda coaster we're lookin at.

Because Air is the same type of ride as Saw?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I was just laughing at the fact this was clearly done on Paint by a work placement gimp! :lol:

Funny as, I don't care about the plans :D

nadroJ

CF Legend
Ssshhhh furie let them have their fun =]

Also, no stupidly amazing woodie on the cards for the next few years? Shame, I was sure that would be 100% *rolls eyes at stupid plans*

Martyn B

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:

Yeah I remember that too. Though the Air layout was at the back of Canada Creek, yet Saw ended the other end.

Thorpe fanboys can and will take things to extreme lenghts, so I ain't getting my hopes up, yet.

wabbit42

Mega Poster
* drools over possible new rides *

edit: looking at the map, the area the 45 m coaster is in was being flattened last year when we saw it

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
If anyone has google earth, take a look at some of the older images of thorpe and you can really see the extensive work they've already done with the new islands, and how much of a change the area has from a few years ago.