What's new

New Theme Park Websites

Jools

Giga Poster
I think there should be a topic, where people post when theme parks open their new website, and we should all say if we like them or not etc, I'll start off with Thorpe Park's new website, which I really like, the ride parts are alot better :--D

http://www.thorpepark.com/

Mark

Strata Poster
There is something I am not that keen on about Thorpes website. Possibly the fact that it is being soooo blatantly aimed at their demographic; teens. Yes, yes, I know that is the point of a website but equally, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

It certainly serves its purpose well in terms of hitting the target audience. So really, its the target audience that I wish was different :p

I look forward to seeing the new map though!

Jools

Giga Poster
^ I think they will keep the same format, just add Saw Live (obviously), I would like to see a new style, personally I really miss the computer generated looking maps, they looked so smexy, except for Alton Towers' which just looked wrong :lol:

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm not too sure on the new Thorpe site. I guess it's because I'm to used to the last one.
The homepage seems to spread out and too cluttered. There's stuff everywhere to click.
The new ride pages are alright though.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Gotta be honest, I ain't gunna be afraid to say it just because it Thorpe, I actually love Thorpe's new site. Its funky. Its even slightly themed to each area on ride pages which is a bonus nowadays!

I mainly like the graffiti/rough/broken look though. And Corkscrew at the top is a nice touch.

Lol at a bald Gareth hehe. :lol:

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Ingested Banjo said:
I'm a 'teen'. I hate it.

Ugh...

Same! And I am probably the age they are aiming this site at! I hate it so much. Especialy the annoying noises if you accidentaly hover over an icon.

Oh yeah why us there a corkscrew at the top? That was alton not thorpe ><

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I knew when I saw Jools had poste dthis, it would be Thorpe Park's new website. May as well rename this topic to "Thorpe Park's new website."

What about other parks?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lol my works computers don't like it either, there was something wrong with the flash file (our works computers have old versions of flash installed!) and it said an error had occured and closed all my IE windows. Thanks Marc :p

Thorpes was reliable (insert "lol Thorpe and reliable in the same sentence" joke here)... and I actually really like it!

Gladiator

Mega Poster
That Adventure Island Site looks really really tacky
But the Thorpe one does look better now
The Chessie one hasnt changed one bit?