What's new

New Theme Park Game - Theme Park Studio

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brilliant news for Pantera :) Congratulations to them and I look forward to seeing the final game come out and what you lot can produce with it - brilliant.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Update:
It was supposed to go beta next month, but due to having added several features (design your own trains) they pushed the beta testing period to start in December.

Updated release date is now April 2014

scw55

Hyper Poster
I eagerly look forwwards to the beta testing.

My RCT3 misbehaves (hoping to record a PoV tonight) and RCT2 is a poor substitute (Imagnative scenery pieces, but building structures is awful with the isometric view. I also miss banked inclined turns on most coasters).

scw55

Hyper Poster
I hope it goes into Beta soon because I am very eager to jump ship.

Support-work for RCT3 really sucks my enthusiasm for actually playing. It's really time consuming and not enjoyable at all.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Does anyone know the refund policy on kickstarter for something like this? If the game literally never develops and they don't produce the rewards (essentially the product we pre-purchased) are they forced to refund or did they conceivable just swindle $100,000?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Nothing gets pulled til a certain point. If they dont deliver and refuse to refund you, then you have grounds for a lawsuit.

However, there is a difference between lack of news and them just quitting without any word to anybody.

scw55

Hyper Poster
ALERT IF YOU BACKED THEME PARK STUDIO

If you've backed the project and entitled to Beta Test, check your emails.

They've sent out "Early Access Codes" for Steam. Check your Junk Mail folder.

The Beta Test starts 27th February 2014.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Do you think there is any realm of possibility that someone could create a mod/thing that imports nolimits coasters into ThemeParkStudio?

The only thing I am a bit iffy on with this is the coaster editor. Otherwise, this looks pretty amazing.

Just seen it on Steam in the "coming soon" section.

scw55

Hyper Poster
You need to use the Key on Steam.
-
There isn't much to do in the closed Beta. Except terrain.

When I first opened the programme up it crashed, because my laptop isn't good enough... so I am sulking and not enthused to try again.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I'm waiting until some form of attraction/ride is implemented. I can only get excited over Theme Park design when there's a ride to work with. Otherwise I'm just a general Landscape artist.

And also when I am not obsessed with Diablo 3.

scw55

Hyper Poster
I've used it. It's a culture shock. It feels more like if someone make a Photoshop Mod that allowed you to create a 3D Theme Park space.

There are lots of white and blue icons around the top and left edge. But once you know what each thing does, I'm sure it'll be a doddle.

I find camera control weird as I'm used to RCT3 Default control. I cannot find the settings to change it.

You can change the graphical settings (which is good).

But that's what I have found. I didn't play more than 4 minutes because I get a volatile reaction to computer programmes I don't understand what is going on, and I have to run away and come back later. I will need to watch the Tutorial Video and lower the settings slightly.

A handful of flat rides are available at the moment. The aesthetic does seem to be realism (if that something you like).

I didn't take a screenshot because I didn't think idiotic pathway placement and two flat rides plonked randomly with a few cloned bushes would be interesting. But if you really want a terrible screenshot, I can provide.

Treeis

Mega Poster
Its 37% off on steam and "Phase 2" has been introduced. Seems to be some kind of flat ride designer and animator.

Really tempted now to get it. Does anyone have anything to say about the game now that its been out for a few months?

scw55

Hyper Poster
If you're used to the ridged grid-like format of RCT3 it's a culture shock. I don't think there's any system in place to prevent any form of clipping, so be careful.

If you have a mature machine, I recommend setting all settings to minimal and working its way up.

I haven't used it much since I'm pining for coasters to be added.