What's new

New Theme Park Game - Theme Park Studio

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Buy me a Mac? No way I can afford one. Hence why most people have PCs AND can afford games too :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You don't need a Mac version though, you just put XP on your Mac and run that version. Sorted :)

vgmaster9

Roller Poster
Hmm, I'm kinda bothered that the flat rides will have simple animations rather than realistic physics like from NoLimits Fairground. Also, is it just me or are we just limited to one certain station platform having its one own line?

scw55

Hyper Poster
Can we build synchronised duelling coasters?

Being able to duel two twin coaster types, or even two utterly different coaster types adds a lot of depth to the game.

Throw in a third and the boundaries are none-existent.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pantera have opened this as a Kickstarter project now, looking for $80,000 to get this out of the door.

Pledge enough and you can get included into the game and all kinds... At the very least, for the cost of a normal game, you get... well, the game :)

Head over there now if you want to take part:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/101 ... theme-park

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I'm completely oblivious to this whole kickstarter thing, if you do not donate, when the game is released you can still by it as normal, yes?

reddude333

Giga Poster
Yeah, it's just a way to raise money. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if they don't raise the goal amount you don't actually have to pay anything. But yeah, you can buy it afterward.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Does anyone know whether you can build water rides on this game because that would you be able to build a more realistic park that has a range of different rides. It would be a shame if you couldn't.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They seem to be producing a wide range of different ride types, but there aren't precise details yet. Certainly different coaster types and flat rides though. It also looks modular, so there's a chance that anything not in the initial release can be added later - which would be nice.

Kickstarter is a way of getting "enough money to release". It's what they estimate is enough to actually finish the project. Usually, if there is a high enough pledge placed, you get a "whatever it is". Lower pledges it's just support.

If the amount isn't reached, then the Kickstarter project gets nothing. A rather famous one was short by about 50 cents or something a couple of month's back and they had to look for alternatives as Kickstarter gave them nothing.

It's one of those, if you're likely to buy it anyway, then pledge. For most people it's not a huge "punt" as it's $20 or whatever for the basic level. Nothing really.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Hey there PanteraEnt, could you explain the difference between the silver, gold, and platinum editions of the game? This would legitimately effect how much I pledge for the Kickstarter page. It would be fantastic if you managed to make your stretch goals as well. Good luck!

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Details are on the Kickstarter page if you scroll down far enough.

Essentially, Silver is the basic, cheap one with only a few features. Gold adds more premade rides and the custom flat ride maker. Platinum is the premium with every feature and about 20+ coaster types.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I backed it for $50! Hope others on CF back this project as well as it's looking better and better the more I see.

acid360

Roller Poster
yeah ive backed the game too there so much in this game they have just reached half way however there still needing backers

did you know if you pledge over 50 you get a beta access of the game also
ive recently found out there minigames where you can create you own minigames and play them as a guest to get the full entertaining experience

Networked: When finished, you can publish your game to our server, allowing the world to experience your custom theme park.

Terrain Engine: Import your own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.

Water: Control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.

Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..

Vegetation: 'Oasis' features an advanced vegetation engine.

also occulus rift is now going to be compatible with this game there so many fantastic ideas pantera entertainment have done i don't think their finished with updates ha.