What's new

New (temporary, hired) flat rides for Alton Towers

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
To early to tell, but the flats have had decent lines at some points today, and other times when they didn't seem to have any. Funk 'n' Fly and Mixtape were always busier than Roller Disco throughout the day, however.

Screenshot_20210412-174804.png

On another note, Nemesis was closed all day. :(

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
To early to tell, but the flats have had decent lines at some points today, and other times when they didn't seem to have any. Funk 'n' Fly and Mixtape were always busier than Roller Disco throughout the day, however.

View attachment 11630

Having ridden all 3 I can safely say Funk n' Fly is the best followed by Mixtape then Roller Disco

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

View attachment 11630

Imagine queuing 50 WHOLE MINUTES to go on a Super Trooper. SW9 is going to be a Wacky Worm at this rate, passholders would probably still lap it up.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Is that accurate though? With our visits to Thorpe and Chessi last year we noted that the ride times were generally half of advertised due to social distancing.

bdrizzyb

Roller Poster
so from what screamscape has posted, the rumoured twister/scrambler has turned up in the land of David Walliams. it called Flavio's Fabulous Fandango which makes me think that it may be with us for longer than we think, as in possibly a permanent addition? Also the appreciation from these flat rides also does show how much the GP disregards theming and immersion!

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
That's reassuring, if true (and themed, given potential permanent status...) I may actually wander into Walliams land at some point.

I may end up doing so anyway given we're taking my niece, who will be 4, this summer. rubs hands together excitedly at the excuse to finally get the octonauts credit