What's new

New Space Mountain Mission 2 Restraints

coastermad77

Roller Poster
Hello, I have been on the web and found out that Disneyland Paris are planning on changing the restraints on Space Mountain Mission 2 in 2013 at the earliest. I am visiting the resort in October, do you reckon that the ride will be open, or closed for preparation for refurbishment? I would just like to know because I have been waiting to ride this for years!

Thanks. :)

Well, when this news came about a while back, it was said to happen in September 2012, but personally, I dont see why they would need to close it to change the restraints anyway. Its got like 6 trains, so they could easily just do it one at a time.

Okay, thanks :). I really cannot wait to go on it! I was just a bit worried that Disney might close it! Then again that's unlikely as SM is very popular! :)

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

^They closed the Matterhorn at the California Disneyland and Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom this year. Just because a ride is popular doesn't mean they won't close it for essential maintenance ;]

Yeah, dont take my word for it, they may close it, I dont know. Each ride gets closed annually for maintenance anyway, so they could tie it in with this change...