What's new

New "old" ride for Southport Pleasureland!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Norman Wallis (owner of New Pleasureland) has bought himself a new coaster for the site.

It's...

Southport Pleasureland's old Wildcat (Pinfari Z40)

Where's it going?

Why, back exactly the same place it left!

Now, if only Norman could get hold of a second hand Vekoma SLC and a wooden coaster...

Source and construction photos

Emmett

Giga Poster
:lol: , looks like its even in its original condition, hope they give it a new paint job too.

Its good that they now have a biggish coaster ever since Storm left and should help attract more people in over the summer.

I still can't figure whats going on at the park. They keep on surprising me.

Ben

CF Legend
YES

That means the one at Hyde Park couldn't have been this one! My fears are put down, yipee!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
YES

That means the one at Hyde Park couldn't have been this one! My fears are put down, yipee!

Why? Colours? I can't remember what the one at Hyde Park was like.

I have no idea what is going on at New Pleasureland. Norman Wallis seems to be going on as though it's going to be a permanent arrangement, but there doesn't seem to be any basis for him to think this.

Emmett

Giga Poster
It says on RCDB that Wildcat was taken by the owners of Fort Fun Amusement Park and they brought it around to various funfairs.

The one at Hyde Park was purple and yellow as below.

1104215_b66b2339.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
^So that Christmas Coaster at Hyde Park was Wildcat from Southport?

No, because the Wildcat appears to be in the same condition it was when it left Southport (unpainted).

Who knows where it's been (I suspect in storage).

A

Anonymous

Nadia will be happy!

Wildcat was quite a fun coaster, not rough! A memory from the old Southport is always welcome back I guess. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Now if only they could get back King Solomon (sp?) Mines and Cyclone then the park would be getting back together. Even if they're just clones. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Might consider a quick trip here when I do the Live this year if they keep all this up. From what I saw from the last TR I read of this place it looked like a dump so hopefully it's cleaning up it's act.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Yeah, sadly it's not much more than a fairground on the ruins of a former theme park.

The Indy Jones coaster is a good laugh though!

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Yeah, just go for the Indy coaster alone. Possibly the worst attempt at theming ever. I managed a quick go on it last week and it was some laugh.

It would be funny if a group from CF turned and took over the train.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Good Good Good... its not a bad little place and at least they did something quickly and efficiently with the land. I went to Morecambe last weekend and its sad to see the old Frontierland site is still just a pile of rubbel supported by a broken fence and 'KEEP OUT' signs scattered about everywhere. At least with Pleasureland they could be bothered to clear it up a bit and people moan about tacky rides and what not but it is enough to make me go back every now and then so it IS pulling in the punters. Its just a shame its the showmen who have to do the work to rake in money for the towns. Where are the Sefton council?