What's new

New Nickelodeon Land for Blackpool

Lofty

CF Legend
I went past the park yesterday. They were testing the new Spongebob ride. Just thought I'd let you all know. It's ****ING slow!

Nic

Strata Poster
tks said:
How do you sing "welcome to our world of boys" in Spanish?
bienvenidos a nuestro mundo de los niños

Maybe?

<3

Despite how completely and utterly turd it was, I'm going to miss Magic Mountain.

alexr

Hyper Poster
An Update From the 6th of May from Pleasure Beach Experience.

100_1658.jpg

100_1667.jpg

100_1666-1.jpg

100_1665-1.jpg

100_1664.jpg

100_1752.jpg

100_1750.jpg

100_1745.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1744.jpg

100_1741.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1670.jpg

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Don't get me wrong, I think this looks fantastic and well done Blackpool, but...

The complete and utter failure to attempt to hide the old Space Invader building makes me laugh. The way the old building crag-like pokes above the top of the bright colours and clean edges is, well it's superb in the wrong way :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Awwwww - spoil sports :lol:

Anyone else annoyed by the poor spelling in the title of this topic (wanders off to find something else to be grumpy about ;) ).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
furie said:
Don't get me wrong, I think this looks fantastic and well done Blackpool, but...

The complete and utter failure to attempt to hide the old Space Invader building makes me laugh. The way the old building crag-like pokes above the top of the bright colours and clean edges is, well it's superb in the wrong way :)

Perhaps it's supposed to be a hydrothermal vent? :wink:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Now I know you meant that as a retort, but to a geologist that is simply a huge compliment :--D
(as boring as lithification would have been the ultimate icing on the cake! lol)

Also, I love that I've dragged you into spam :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I assume sarcasm has a different definition in geology? :p

I love spam, just not anyone else's ;)

alexr

Hyper Poster
furie said:
Awwwww - spoil sports :lol:

Anyone else annoyed by the poor spelling in the title of this topic (wanders off to find something else to be grumpy about ;) ).

What poor Spelling :wink:

Amanda seems to be trying hard to find someone to open Nick land

From Her Twitter

@CHRISDJMOYLES I have invited you to the opening of Nickelodeon Land at Pleasure Beach on may 4th so worry not about the pink pig

@OfficialVernonK let me know if you and the family would like to come to the opening of nickelodeon Land at the Pleasure Beach on may4th tvm

@StephenMulhern would you like to come to the VIP opening of Nickelodeon Land on May 4th

alexr

Hyper Poster
Sorry to double post but here is some updates from today, there is going to be more tonight but these are what Scott has posted so far.
The Big Pizza Kitchen that is in what used to be Space Invader Queue, Toilets and King Cotten has Now opened here's some photos

P1170308.jpg

P1170307.jpg

P1170302.jpg

Nickelodeon Steak's New Train

P1170374.jpg

P1170373.jpg

P1170372.jpg

Best of the rest coming later.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The pizza place looks nice. All the seating is a good addition, too.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Restraints on Roller Coaster. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I know it had to happen eventually, but part of the reason I actually enjoyed that ride was due to the lack of restraints. Ok, so they had added the seatbelts already, but still.

Mike

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Restraints on Roller Coaster. Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I know it had to happen eventually, but part of the reason I actually enjoyed that ride was due to the lack of restraints. Ok, so they had added the seatbelts already, but still.

I thought it had restraints ever since it stole Big Dippers old trains a few years ago? :?