What's new

New Member, Question about Park Threads and Updates

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Hey ya'll.

I'm new here...but I'm not new to coasters or parks.

Been a coaster nerd going on 25 years, I would say Superman The Escape was my first real throw into the coaster world amazement. I've worked at several parks, had various jobs in the industry, all strictly working on the coasters. I'll admit I don't know everything, but I know quite a bit on how they work, how they operate, maintenance, construction. When I go to a park friends ask me questions and don't understand how I know a B&M from an Arrow from an RMC just by looking at the track lol. We were in line for Lightning Rod the other day and a girl didn't understand why water was dripping from the ride, and I had to hold my tongue to tell her it was to cool the LSM launch magnets. Anyway...

My brother has recently gotten into it too, which has been really fun to travel to new places, and go together, so it's nice to have a respectful place like this to talk and hear the news.

I like how active this forum is, much better than the alternative...ahem...option...I think you know what I'm talking about.

So my main point of this post...Is there a good place to start threads just for anything parks, their news, trip reports?

I just went to Dollywood and Holiday World the past week, and I don't see any type of talk about them.

Just wanted to ask if this was an option, or where they should be placed.

FYI I might come off abrasive but I'm really not, just a friendly dude who has a tendency to come off the wrong way.

Cheers.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi @CaliAngel; welcome to the site!

I don’t know what the moderators would recommend, but if you’d like to talk about your recent visits to Dollywood and Holiday World, I’d probably advise writing a trip report in the Trip Reports forum. You can put any opinions you’d like to air from your recent visit into one of those, and I’m sure that many (myself included) would be interested to read a trip report!

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Hi @CaliAngel; welcome to the site!

I don’t know what the moderators would recommend, but if you’d like to talk about your recent visits to Dollywood and Holiday World, I’d probably advise writing a trip report in the Trip Reports forum. You can put any opinions you’d like to air from your recent visit into one of those, and I’m sure that many (myself included) would be interested to read a trip report!

Hey, thanks Matt!

I guess I was more asking about having Park Dedicated threads. You know for anything park related...so for example a BGTB dedicated thread...like Falcons Fury just reopened after years of being closed and I couldn't find that news too easily here on the particular park.

It seems like it might be nice to have those going for news or trips. I might be wrong, but I think they would be helpful.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hey, thanks Matt!

I guess I was more asking about having Park Dedicated threads. You know for anything park related...so for example a BGTB dedicated thread...like Falcons Fury just reopened after years of being closed and I couldn't find that news too easily here on the particular park.

It seems like it might be nice to have those going for news or trips. I might be wrong, but I think they would be helpful.
Ah, OK; I apologise for misinterpreting your initial question.

In that case, I’d recommend the “Small News from the Theme Park Industry” thread over in News & Rumours. I know it’s not dedicated to a specific park, but most of the small news that crops up within the park industry tends to go in there, and it’s a nice place to go if you want smaller updates on certain parks. In the example scenario you provide of a ride closure, there may be a specific thread about rides that are closed for a known and noteworthy reason (such as the Fury 325 support fracture and the Jetline incident at Gröna Lund), where news of their reopening may be posted, but in most cases, I’d put that sort of update in the aforementioned Small News thread over in News & Rumours.

This site doesn’t really tend to have general threads for each park. I know the sort of thing you’re on about, as I’m aware that TPR has more “general” threads for each park, and other forums that I’m on such as TowersStreet also do, but on here, the only park-specific threads are those that follow specific construction projects or those that discuss a noteworthy news item from a particular park.

I hope I’ve helped you out! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Ah, OK; I apologise for misinterpreting your initial question.

In that case, I’d recommend the “Small News from the Theme Park Industry” thread over in News & Rumours. I know it’s not dedicated to a specific park, but most of the small news that crops up within the park industry tends to go in there, and it’s a nice place to go if you want smaller updates on certain parks. In the example scenario you provide of a ride closure, there may be a specific thread about rides that are closed for a known and noteworthy reason (such as the Fury 325 support fracture and the Jetline incident at Gröna Lund), where news of their reopening may be posted, but in most cases, I’d put that sort of update in the aforementioned Small News thread over in News & Rumours.

This site doesn’t really tend to have general threads for each park. I know the sort of thing you’re on about, as I’m aware that TPR has more “general” threads for each park, and other forums that I’m on such as TowersStreet also do, but on here, the only park-specific threads are those that follow specific construction projects or those that discuss a noteworthy news item from a particular park.

I hope I’ve helped you out! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Great!

Thanks for you guidance!