What's new

New mascot for Walibi parks.

SDaniel

Roller Poster
I sincerely hope it happens, but Weerwolf has another good 3 or 4 years left ;)
[/QUOTE]

So I'll be visiting Walibi Belgium in 2025? Haha!:D

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
You must have been very unlucky then because in the 10+ times I went there the past couple of years, I never waited more than 10 minutes for my food or saw any extremely long queues (except aSome staff are not as polite as they should be, but you get that in so many other parks so that doesn’t ruin a trip for me at all.

No stand out coaster? Pulsar has been the only Powersplash in the world for years and it is a great coaster. Psyké is one of the few shuttle loops left and although they made the launch less intense, it’s still good.

The place is really not as bad as you’re saying it is I think. The landscaping is good, the paths are always clean and their new theming is great. You might think it’s my homepark but it’s not. i’ve been to Walibi Holland a few times (always to ride their new coaster) but everytime I got out and thought okay please don’t make me come here next year again. The vibe is just bad...

I sincerely hope it happens, but Weerwolf has another good 3 or 4 years left ;)
Pulsar is disgusting the boats were green and mouldy, if the water were clean then yes it would be better however it seems no water at WB is acceptable.
Like's said above might even wait till RMC come in and destroy that ****e woodie

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Pulsar is disgusting the boats were green and mouldy, if the water were clean then yes it would be better however it seems no water at WB is acceptable.
Like's said above might even wait till RMC come in and destroy that ****e woodie

Didn't see any of that during my last visit in November, though. Yes, the water is green, but that's due to the fact of a law in Belgium that doesnt allow Belgian parks to use chlorine in water. Every water ride in Belgium uses natural water; Bellewaerde, Bobbejaanland, Plopsa Parks and Walibi Belgium.

I do prefer Walibi Belgium above Walibi Holland. Visited Walibi Holland in May last year and came back very dissapointed. Yes it has Goliath and Untamed seems to be good. But that's about it. There is just something missing in Walibi Holland and I can't see exactly what it is.

What I remember from my last visit was the lack of atmosphere in the park. Hardly any music and if there was music, it was like a local radiostation. 'Themed' zones...barely. It has this way to colorful and messy entrance and Wilderness looked nice but...as the whole park: its just one big mash up of things coming from a thrift shop.

So yes, I do think Walibi Belgium is a waaaaay better park than the Dutch park. But I think this is just personal.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Didn't see any of that during my last visit in November, though. Yes, the water is green, but that's due to the fact of a law in Belgium that doesnt allow Belgian parks to use chlorine in water. Every water ride in Belgium uses natural water; Bellewaerde, Bobbejaanland, Plopsa Parks and Walibi Belgium.

I do prefer Walibi Belgium above Walibi Holland. Visited Walibi Holland in May last year and came back very dissapointed. Yes it has Goliath and Untamed seems to be good. But that's about it. There is just something missing in Walibi Holland and I can't see exactly what it is.

What I remember from my last visit was the lack of atmosphere in the park. Hardly any music and if there was music, it was like a local radiostation. 'Themed' zones...barely. It has this way to colorful and messy entrance and Wilderness looked nice but...as the whole park: its just one big mash up of things coming from a thrift shop.

So yes, I do think Walibi Belgium is a waaaaay better park than the Dutch park. But I think this is just personal.
You don't necessarily need to use Chlorine, I believe Valhalla at Blackpool uses Bromine instead. Several European Rapids also use 'Brown' water from ponds lakes etc and that isn't green and emits a rotting smell
Walibi B is the only park I've left never wanting to return to

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
You don't necessarily need to use Chlorine, I believe Valhalla at Blackpool uses Bromine instead. Several European Rapids also use 'Brown' water from ponds lakes etc and that isn't green and emits a rotting smell

They have to use natural water. I believe Plopsaland De Panne wanted to use Super Splash but were not allowed to. Never smelled anything rotten on their waterrides aswell.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Geez dude, did you visit any other Belgian park? They are all like that. I have to admit that I was quite taken aback by it when I visited Plopsaland, but I didn't really notice it at any of the other parks (not sure whether I got used to it or if it was due to it being much warmer on my Plopsaland visit than at the other places).

It all just seems that you had a terrible visit to the park due to very high crowds and you're now channeling your frustration to a park complying to the local laws.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Geez dude, did you visit any other Belgian park? They are all like that. I have to admit that I was quite taken aback by it when I visited Plopsaland, but I didn't really notice it at any of the other parks (not sure whether I got used to it or if it was due to it being much warmer on my Plopsaland visit than at the other places).

It all just seems that you had a terrible visit to the park due to very high crowds and you're now channeling your frustration to a park complying to the local laws.
I did actually significantly better than WB
Never said that...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster

Here you say exactly what it is :p The lack of atmosphere :D

And I really don't know why everybody hates Werewolf so much :eek: It is jam packed with airtime and has more comfortable restraints than any RMC (even though 1 in 10 rides they tighten for me).
And Pulsar, as simple as it is, is certainly an amazing ride. @VonRolland I think you might have had a really bad day when you visited

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Here you say exactly what it is :p The lack of atmosphere :D

And I really don't know why everybody hates Werewolf so much :eek: It is jam packed with airtime and has more comfortable restraints than any RMC (even though 1 in 10 rides they tighten for me).
And Pulsar, as simple as it is, is certainly an amazing ride. @VonRolland I think you might have had a really bad day when you visited
Will certainly be a couple of years till I'm able to judge for myself, got bigger and better parks to do in the meantime

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Throwback to the flume at Alton Towers RIP

Would love to see some more parks doing stuff like this while were waiting for Covid-19 to p*ss off

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Finally they got rid of that awefull rat looking rodent. By the way, the one from Walibi Holland is alot less exhibitionist...

44527FE8-B231-49D3-AA1C-E04D72666CA8.png
Picture by Walibi Holland