What's new

New Luna Park | Skopje, Macedonia | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hi guys

Those who know me I am a massive fan of the Balkans and travelling around that area. So its with great delight I noticed that the pretty sparse Luna Park in Skopje, Macedonia is getting a complete rework. https://rcdb.com/15087.htm

The park will have 1 roller coaster and a total of 27 new rides.

Below is some concept art for the park that was recently released. The eagle eyed among you will notice the roller coaster on the art is identical to the Schwarzkopf 2nd gen speed racer Aconcagua which was removed from Parque de la Ciudad in Argentina in 2015. Aconcagua is essentially Nessie from Hansa Park without the loop.

Skopje1.jpg Skopje2.jpg Skopje3.jpg Skopje4.jpg
With Big Blue (formally Twist and Shout from Loudoun Castle) opening in Croatia soon it seems this part of the world is almost the new South America for rescuing old Schwarzkopf coasters. Additionally we have Toshimaen's old shuttle loop opening in Holland and on recent evidence maybe even Knightmare opening at Southport. If Attractiepark Slagharen's Thunder Loop pops up again in Europe that's 5 Schwarzkopf's reopening in europe in a very short period of time.

For reference here is a pic of Aconcagua while it was in Argentina.
6932233578_be38b511c1_b.jpg

As a disclaimer it was originally believed part of Aconcagua was scrapped when it was taken down making it very unlikely this is actually the ride. However I've never seen proof of this and the ride was taken down rather than demolished.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
This is fantastic news. Can't bear to see an old Schwarzkopf go. Much better that they go to these up and coming places that have little else cred-wise. :D

TilenB

Strata Poster
While this sounds like a very interesting development, I'd take the fact that this might be Aconcagua with a pinch of salt. The ride had been rusting away in Argentina for more than a decade and the fact it would all of a sudden make it's way to Macedonia is rather unbelievable to say the least. I'll keep an eye on the project, though. :)

Lespaulx

Roller Poster
There's no way possible that Aconcagua could be rebuilt as it was installed at Parque de la Ciudad. That render shows a 3D coaster model downloaded from Google 3D warehouse just for rendering purposes. It includes the original station which was also completely torn down and destroyed. I was there, the rollercoaster itself was completely dismantled with blowtorch and scraped.

some pictures from a page that I moderate:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/parquedelaciudadba/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10152673873471973

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

TilenB

Strata Poster
Well, if this comes to life, it could become the biggest amusement park (or at least compete with Fun Park Biograd) in the former Yugoslavia. That's quite a lot of coasters in there now.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Looking at the plans the coaster on the left appears to be a Fabbri Astral Inverted coaster model. A rarity but perhaps with good reason.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
An update for the long delayed park

Skopje Mayor Petre Shilegov in the morning show on Sitel TV informed that today the City of Skopje announces the tender for design of the Amusement Park, while expecting its construction to begin in September.

The metropolis has not had an amusement park for a long time, where parents and children, old and young, will be able to have fun and spend family days. In order to build a new amusement park, the City of Skopje at the beginning of 2020 decided to take a loan intended for the construction of this amusement park, but due to the new situation related to the coronavirus (covid-19), this decision was canceled and borrowing funds were used for construction and reconstruction of roads in the city of Skopje.

The new two amendments to the decisions of the Council this year envisage a phased continuation of the realization of this capital project, where the financial means for design, construction, procurement of equipment-props and their installation will be provided from the Budget of the City of Skopje for 2021, 2022 and 2023.

According to the data, the amusement park will have two adrenaline, six family and eighteen children's props, various types of swings, carousels, slides and other fun-recreational contents. Citizens after more than 40 years should get a new amusement park.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
In may I was in the lovely city of Skopje (you should visit it's great). But I took some pictures of the site as it currently is waiting for the new park to be built.

Forgot to post these when I visited.

IMG_20220416_151710.jpgIMG_20220416_151438.jpgIMG_20220416_145606.jpgIMG_20220416_145611.jpgIMG_20220416_145656.jpgIMG_20220416_151713.jpg

Anyway after covid the current project timeline is opening in 2024. Looks like they've made some ground work but nothing major yet.