New Legoland for Stafford!!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Stafford America that is ;)

http://news.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk ... rd-county/

Though
Other U.S. sites are also under consideration. A spokeswoman in Legoland’s England office said the company is “nowhere near” a decision.

“The decision-making processes relating to the development of a potential major new theme park is a very long and complicated one, and we would never comment on any project until it is finally approved by our own Board, and we have obtained agreements with all key stakeholders. No plans are at that stage for LEGOLAND in the USA,” Sally Ann Wilkinson, head of corporate affairs for Merlin Entertainments, wrote in an email.

So it's "we're looking at one, maybe, but it's unlikely" :lol:

ignace

Mega Poster
No. More. Legolands.

I visited all three European parks and Billund is nice, but the rest is really sad if you compare it to the big park. Always the same, never any capacity, overcrowded, to expensive. Once in a while one of the parks gets a nice ride (Polar, the spillwater at Deutschland, Atlantis in Windsor) but they should focus on making the existing parks decent in stead of opening new ones.

Adamsayzlol

Roller Poster
What! LEGOLAND Windsor is rubbish compared to all the others, what is Britain actually building except for Cbeebies Land

bmac

Giga Poster
Interstate 95 does not have the infrastructure to support an amusement park in that area. The corridor from 10 miles south (Fredricksburg) all the way to Washington DC is always jammed or damn close to jammed, and even with the lane expansion and express lanes addition I highly doubt it'll help over the next 20 years.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If its a seemingly dumb decision, bmac, Merlin will make it.

Legolands suck. But it will somehow magically attract a bazillion guests.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's because Lego is incredibly cool. The big film out next year will just bolster the whole theme park thing too, making it an even bigger IP to rape.