What's new

"New" Land for LegoLand Windsor

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Legoland are to be getting a "new" land called Pirate's Landing
It is going to be where the current Wild Woods land is.
Really another way for Merln to get more people to turn up to Legoland when it really is a re-theme.
Pirate's Falls will be updated to "Pirate's Falls: Dynamite Drench"
And there will also be a swinging pirate ship.
Basically exactly the same as the Land of the Pharoahs last season - Old land with a retheme and new ride.
The new pirate ship will go where the old "Bone Shaker and Muscle Maker".

http://www.legolandhotels.co.uk/park.html
http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 12&t=25012

Ollie

CF Legend
Better than nothing I suppose. Hopefully on the log flume they'll make the bit where you just pointlessly float round more interesting instead of putting mice that spray you with water.
A pirate ship sounds good for families though.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I'm always up for park's improving existing areas...

And Wild Woods is a bit, meh... Without any particular theme (though the same can be said of the Jungle area)...

Since Legoland is Merlin's proper 'baby' I can imagine they'll put high amounts of effort into it, though I haven't seen Land of the Pharoahs...

Hopefully really we'll see more theming in and around Pirate Falls area, cos it does have a fair few dead spots with minimal theming (i.e. before the graveyard)...

Plus, I've always kinda had a little liking for Legoland, decent atmosphere can be had and it's relaxing, crap rides overall, I may have to go back again next year before Jungle Cart goes...

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Can't wait for the new pirate falls. It might even make me go back to legoland next year! And as for the swinging ship lets hope they make it look like lego not like the viking ship thing. But seeing as that was tussards? merlin may be better.....

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
After visiting this park during Easter, Pirate Falls definately appeared to me as the ride which needed some TLC, especially compared to some of the newer Legoland rides, so that's brilliant news I reckon!

That preliminary section will surely get more animatronicy things. What we need in an idealistic world is more chance to get wet while going around before the main drop, and another, smaller drop. Bigger boats would be cool as well, but that's wishing for too much.

Nevertheless, very good an I like! Pirate ship is good as well, nice filler attraction that a family park should have, and no doubt it'll be themed cool and lego-ey.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
silenthillXD said:
Can't wait for the new pirate falls. It might even make me go back to legoland next year! And as for the swinging ship lets hope they make it look like lego not like the viking ship thing. But seeing as that was tussards? merlin may be better.....

Actually, this is the one time where Merlin can be blame for 'past' offences, as Legoland has never been a Tussauds park...

I'm led to believe that this will be the same as Black Buccaneer at Chessie, so 45 seater from Huss...

nealbie

CF Legend
There's also a rumour that Jungle Coaster's being sold. Good riddance if it is, hasn't been the same these past 2 seasons, it's pathetic really - having to book a queue time RIDICULOUS!

I love Legoland and how it turns me into (more of) a child when I visit. When you take it for what it is - a land of Lego - it's immensely fab!

Shame it has a really wet microclimate though! Curse that steep hill and the lazy clouds :lol:

yinyang

Mega Poster
I love Chessie's pirate ship, feels much higher than other ships I've been on and really pulls you out of the seat at the ends. Love it!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I hope it's a large Pirate ship for some mild thrills. They could well go for a smaller version like Paulton's, that would be disappointing. I can't see why they'd get rid of Jungle Coaster, it's appalling now, but it still attracts the longest queues in the park.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^There's a difference between having long queues because you're popular, and having long queues because you're throughput is around 200-300 per hour ;)

If the other rumours are true, I can imagine Jungle Coaster staying one more year... Then getting removed for 2011...

spicy

Giga Poster
Selling it is a bit of a cop-out really. They should build another one to increase capacity.

Unless they are replacing it with a much better coaster of course.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
spicy said:
Unless they are replacing it with a much better coaster of course.
What I've heard, they are replacing the area where the Jungle Coaster is with a Legoland Hotel.
However, hopefully we will see a new coaster some where else in the park
Something of a "My First Coaster with Inversions"
Maybe a Nemesis: Lego
Lol :lol:

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ I believed the Hotel was going to be built on the far side of the car parks. Where they currently host the Monster Trucks and other special events.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Inverse said:
^ I believed the Hotel was going to be built on the far side of the car parks. Where they currently host the Monster Trucks and other special events.
Thats quite a good idea
But they will have to dig down a bit if they wan to make a new coaster in case the neighbours get angry again like the Jungle Carts.

Gladiator

Mega Poster
Sorry for double posting but I've found some concept art for some rides LegoLand have thought up of:
Turbo Chase: Themed around Lego Agents. Launched coaster, in which riders are attempting to catch bank robbers.

Jet Racers: Also themed around Lego Agents. Hanging coaster, in which riders are supposedly riding modified helicopters with attached laser guns, with the aim being to score points from targets around the track.

Slime Wars: Another Lego Agents themed coaster. Similar to Jet Racers, but instead of laser guns you have water squirters (interested to know how they'd do that - presumably tanks on the train which are refilled in the station). Cars also have 'water bombs' hanging from beneath. Those watching from below would also have water squirters, and thus a 'water fight' of sorts could occur between riders and observers. The aim of this ride would be to defeat the evil Dr D. Zaster.

Pirates Lair: Legoland's version of Battle Galleons.

Legoland Atlantis: Sea Life. Would be built in the current Creation Centre.

Pictures in this link - Scroll down most of the page:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/vie ... 42#p146342

They look good but it will be a shame to see the Creation Centre go - its very interesting in there
I'd like to see all of those coasters as some of those types aren't in the Uk/not many in the Uk.
I really dont want to see another Sea Life at another Merlin park
Its just getting a bit boring with Sea Life centres going everywhere
Not everybody likes walking through little chambers looking at fish in a tank.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I know its just concept art, but the launch coaster looks similar to an Intamin Acc, and they've used a pic of Speed Monster!

But I wont get my hopes up just yet..

some rides LegoLand have thought up of

marc

CF Legend
I see 2 coasters there.

The car one and a roller soaker or whatever they are called.

I really wish merlin would put this effort into Chessington and not always Lego Land.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Roller Soaker are single cars, 2 front facing, two back facing.

However, they're batched in blocks of three out of the station and separated at the lift hill.

Worst. throughput. ever - Legoland will snap one up! ;)

Gladiator

Mega Poster
marc said:
I really wish merlin would put this effort into Chessington and not always Lego Land.
Chessington is desperately needing some TLC and with all the fuss they are making over Wild Asia, all the other rides and attractions only need a slick of paint, but it is like Chessington cba to do it.
It's good Legoland are thinking up of new ideas instead of the Jungle Cart but they really cant just focus on Towers and LegoLand all the time