What's new

New Chessington Long Term Development Plan

EthC

Mega Poster
So Chessington has released a proposed master plan for its park's future, the biggest news from this is them wanting to put either what looks like a KumbaK Water Coaster or a Juvelen type coaster as a signiture ride in its park! As well as this they want to put a brand new lodge hotel facility like the Enchanted forest in Alton towers.

Here is the read from towers times
http://www.southparks.co.uk/2016/04/25/ ... term-plan/

Here is some of the images:
future-development-display-boards-2016-09.jpg

chessington-ltdp-coaster-concept-2.jpg

chessington-ltdp-coaster-concept-1.jpg

future-development-display-boards-2016-08.jpg

chessington-ltdp-lodges-concept.jpg

chessington-ltdp-lodges-plan.jpg

future-development-display-boards-2016-07.jpg

future-development-display-boards-2016-06.jpg

future-development-display-boards-2016-03.jpg

chessington-ltdp-timeline.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Great! The full plans can be found here: https://www.chessington.com/downloads/p ... s-2016.pdf

If they got a Juvelen style coaster that would be a perfect addition. Absolutely spot on. In many ways, Chessington would benefit tremendously from following Djur's lead. Djur's is probably the best family park in Eurooe, with good stuff for enthusiasts too, so I'm nodding like idiot at this consultation!

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Please be Juvelen, please be Juvelen, please be Juvelen. Seriously, I think it would fit in so well with the park, and would finally give them a pretty solid lineup of coasters!

Ben

CF Legend
Omg a Juvelen style ride would be **** amazing for Chessington. Like the best thing they could do.

I agree, they should take more leaves out of Djurs' book, cause that park is amazing.

Don't get a **** KumbaK water coaster the ****.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Pretty sure they won't be going for KumbaK, its just to demonstrate a pirate themed water coaster concept. Also, I don't think they'll necessarily go for the same model as Juvelen (although that'll be amazing) but a 'Wild Jungle ride' sounds Chessington-esque and will be perfect for the park if they pull it off. *forgets Zufari exists*
(However, I don't know how many years Dragon Falls has got left which will leave only Bubbleworks as the parks water ride...)
Anyway, I really like the Jungle concept :angel:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
In that case, it'd be a Firechaser Express type ride, which is equally as good a fit.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
The height restriction on Juvelen allows children seven years and up of an average height to ride - and as you can see from the marketing material they've used, it's aimed at this sort of age range.

It's 100% a family ride. It doesn't have to be slow or boring to be family.

Juvelen is absolutely excellent.

EthC

Mega Poster
I totally agree with Ben. Juvelen would be perfect for this park. They did state they are looking for a headline ride which I don't think would the bill if it were firechaser express, however I can definitely see 'headline ride' in a juvelen type ride. Plus isn't dragons fury and Vampire both aimed at families with children who are 5-12yrs old and they have a 1.2 and 1.1m height restriction respectively which I think is around the same as Juvelen.
I think most will agree if Chessington did get something like Juvelen even if it was a direct clone, then I feel it will be the best decision Merlin has made in a long time atleast for Chessington anyway :D

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm with you, but I'm pretty damn sure they're just using that the Juvelen promo art because Juvelen's promo art looks similar to what they want, all they've had to add is cheetahs. The quality of the photoshop indicates these were only rough visual concepts. They might go for it because (I think) its a great investment, but not because that's what they've chosen to display for now.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
I didn't know what Juvulen was like but I just watched a POV and it looks perfect, it has a good length to it too and I hope Chessington's version won't be really short like Velocity at Flamingoland (though that does look like a fun ride). If they build one with 2 launches like Juvulen then the marketing is sorted, "UK's first multi launch coaster".

Martyn B

CF Legend
Ben said:
The height restriction on Juvelen allows children seven years and up of an average height to ride - and as you can see from the marketing material they've used, it's aimed at this sort of age range.

It's 100% a family ride. It doesn't have to be slow or boring to be family.

Juvelen is absolutely excellent.

I totally agree with what you're saying, I was just picturing what a coaster aimed at thr 5+ would look like, and all I could picture was a Big Apple :lol:

Lofty

CF Legend
How large is the development area for the potential new coaster?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Lofty said:
How large is the development area for the potential new coaster?
The picture above shows it as being the flat grassy area in front of hocus pocus as well as some of the space on the other side of the path near to trail of the kings.
edit - It also points to the middle of the Dragons Fury area, but that's a hell of a lot of redevelopment if they want to put it in that area.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Very exciting news, coincidental that this long term development plan comes out a few weeks before Paultons open up their new area?

spicy

Giga Poster
Just pleased that they have a long term development plan for the park when it seems to have had nothing of note added to it for years now and Zufari was a wasted opportunity.

Went on Jet Rescue which was awesome and something like that would be perfect for Chessington, they can also easily get around the strict height limits imposed on the park with a coaster like that. Perfect fit for the park.

Just hope we actually see this plan get carried out, when Merlin are cost cutting CWoA seems to be the first park to be affected.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking at the image boards, the capital expenditure on average is just shy of £3m. I know this covers everything from computers to tills to bins, but it's alarmingly low. It'll be interesting to see that figure jump up if this new development goes ahead.

Hopefully those Juvelen images are not just a lazy attempt at producing a family friendly image with hardly any effort, and is a nod towards what they want. For those not familiar with the ride, here you go...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqKqYfW_dHs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8Y90j1xQQ[/youtube]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
So, wait, where did these come from???? We're they released to the public or are they leaks?

Neither coaster concept is... IMO, the right thing to do. Surprised by the positivity here. Low capacity nightmares, higher height restrictions than ideal. Ripping off Busch gardens like for god sake get your own ideas and stop stealing graphics.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk