What's new

Nemesis Roar

Tony

Hyper Poster
I hope it doesn't change within the next 3 weeks when I am going. It was really loud back in 2006 when I last visited and I loved it, really adds to the atmosphere of the whole area surrounding the ride.

Can't wait to hear it!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
At the Live, I could hear it in the morning quite a lot from the other side of the park, but it wasn't [that loud. In the afternoon I don't recall hearing it at all, I must have been so used to the sound I forgot about it xD

But still, it's not as loud as Corkie's old lift-hill, which could be heard clearly from any part of the park.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
ciallkennett said:
At the Live, I could hear it in the morning quite a lot from the other side of the park, but it wasn't [that loud. In the afternoon I don't recall hearing it at all, I must have been so used to the sound I forgot about it xD

But still, it's not as loud as Corkie's old lift-hill, which could be heard clearly from any part of the park.

I never noticed that until I rode it. And Nemesis seemed to get louder when I last went. Strange.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I hate it when theme parks get all these complaints why cant the people move house, we cant just pick a theme parck up and take it away. I have an idea alton why dont you put nemissis on at a certain times a day so the people around wont get anoohyed

Rush

Giga Poster
HarryBoyy said:
I hate it when theme parks get all these complaints why cant the people move house, we cant just pick a theme parck up and take it away.

As usually, the people living there moved in before the ride did.

I have an idea alton why dont you put nemissis on at a certain times a day so the people around wont get anoohyed

Good idea, let's set up a rota between the locals. Guests can pay extra by booking in advance to guarantee their place on Nemesis for that day. What a way to bring in the dough. :D

:roll:

A

Anonymous

I don't like to bring back old topics but i just wanted to add my view.

I personally think Nemesis has always been considerably louder than other B&M coasters, However i would put it down to its unique location. Sound tends to reverberate alot more in cavournous spaces which would explain why it sounds louder as appose to it being built on a flat open space where the sound waves would dissipate sooner.

Take Oblivion for example, As soon as it drops into the tunnel its ten times louder.

A

Anonymous

Yer i noticed it was very loud but i hadnt been for a few years so just thought it was like that before!

A

Anonymous

Ah, the roar. Amazin it actually sounds like a monster. How it's done is beyond me because no other coaster has that sound to it. The only ride I think comes close is probaly Colossus, that has a louder roar but not as nice, but it can certainly be heard across the park.

But I can understand why residents may get annoyed after a while, running thousands of times a day. I managed to get to Alton on the 10th July with my school, and it was a lush noise.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I never understood why they didn't sand fill their B&Ms.

Other parks with less fussy locals do it.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
bob_3_ said:

Other parks with less fussy locals do it.

The didn't have fussy neighbours when the were built. Well, they did, but they'd paid off the council to get away with it.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Shifty_JaY said:
Ah, the roar. Amazin it actually sounds like a monster. How it's done is beyond me because no other coaster has that sound to it. The only ride I think comes close is probaly Colossus, that has a louder roar but not as nice, but it can certainly be heard across the park.

But I can understand why residents may get annoyed after a while, running thousands of times a day. I managed to get to Alton on the 10th July with my school, and it was a lush noise.

The noise is a result of the track shape (box-shaped spine).

bob_3_ said:

Their other two B&Ms are filled with sand, as is Rita.

Has it been sorted yet, or is it still unusually loud?

nealbie

CF Legend
Isn't Rita Intamin though? :?

Plus I didn't notice anything exceptionally loud about Nemmie when I went last month

Snoo

The Legend
What other B&M's got the sand treatment?

My best example would be Maverick, as it did get itself filled with sand to keep it a quieter ride, and all you hear on the whole course is the train moving along the track.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Neal said:
Isn't Rita Intamin though? :?

Plus I didn't notice anything exceptionally loud about Nemmie when I went last month

That's why I said
me said:

Notice "as is". Makes a distinction between ...two B&Ms... and ...Rita.

Is Nemesis Inferno filled with sand aswell? I know Talon and Kraken are.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

No they arn't =/. Air is very loud considering it's speed, as is Oblivion. Nothing like N:I and Kraken (both filled with sand)

There was even talk of introducing sand into Oblivion during the law suit, but it would be a too expensive job.

Rita probably is though, that things so quiet.