What's new

Nemesis peak speed and height

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Something that's always bugged me about nemesis is that i can't quite pin where the train achieves its peak speed of 50mph.. its hard to believe it goes this fast through the helix after the corkscrew because of how compact it is.. does it achieve 50mph before the loop? It's hard to tell..

Another thing is, how high is the actual track ? RCDB states 43ft, which i imagine is 43ft from the ground, but lets just say nemesis was built on flat ground like most B&M's, how high would it actually stand?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I would imagine the 50mph max speed (quoted of course) is at the bottom on the drop before the loop. It seems to be the logical place it would be going fastest to me.

As for total height difference, it's pretty hard to say actually. Taking the station as zoer, my guess is it goes as much below the station as it does above. I've no way to prove this, or really put a number on it, but I'd guess Nemesis would stand around 90-100ft tall if it all above ground, with the station being 40-50ft high. That's my guess anyway.

wakey1512

Roller Poster
Another statistic we have is the drop.. which is 104ft, its difficult to pinpoint where they are measuring this from!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Highest to lowest point of the ride. It has to be really. There's no way there's any single drop on Nemesis that even comes close to that.

104ft from the top of the lift to the bottom of the loop? Looks and sounds about right to me.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
The figure I've heard is 115ft, from the top of the lift to the bottom of the loop. I don't know if this is accurate or not.

spicy

Giga Poster
Just like to add thats what makes Nemesis so great, the fact that you are constantly accelerating from the top of the lift to the bottom of the loop (with a stall turn). That's all.

Yay.