What's new

My handful of coaster questions...

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So... while on Leviathan. Does anyone know how long the first DROP really is? Cedar Fair / CW never told us. Always seemed kinda odd to me you would hype up the fact it was over 300 feet tall.. but never say how long the drop is (while most other CF coasters release the drop info...even when its a smaller ride)

Nick P

Mega Poster
^ From what I've read, people seem to believe it's right around 300 feet, give or take a foot or so. Therefore it could be 299 feet, but we won't know unless CW confirms the drop length.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
CanobieFan said:
So... while on Leviathan. Does anyone know how long the first DROP really is?
Good question. I've always wondered that myself.

Doesn't it drop all the way down to around ground level? If it does in fact, we could know it's at least 300 ft. But since the official drop height was never revealed, maybe indeed it is shy of 300 @ 299 or something, since falling short of the 30-story barrier just because of one foot is ridiculous and something I wouldn't be proud of either. :lol:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
At least from photos, it does indeed drop all the way down to, if not very close to, ground level. That would encourage us to think that the drop is around 300 ft.

But since CW hasn't been forward with the drop height, I'd imagine the drop height is below 300 ft., similar to Magnum XL-200's drop being 194 ft. (while the roller coaster stands just above 200 ft.)