What's new

My Band

Ali

Mega Poster
Thought I'd post a topic on my band as it's all I do accept CF and COD WaW on PS3. The band is called 'The Long Stones'. We have our first paid gig in about a month which should be fun. :)
Here is a video of us playing Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses last year. I'm the singer and backing guitarist in the middle. :)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RjfRRQpuU&feature=related[/youtube]
Were not very good but we enjoy it so it's worth it. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Which one are you?

Tbh, I'm quite impressed. 13 years old and you can string a tune together. Good for you!

Ollie

CF Legend
Pretty cool. :)
But you might want to try and sing slightly louder next time. Although you can just hear what you are saying the instruments are drowning you out.

Ali

Mega Poster
^ Will do. I will put some tracks on youtube when the CD's are produced, they should have much better sound quality and I should sound louder. :)

Ben

CF Legend
OK, I'll be honest, I was expecting my ears to start bleeding when I clicked play after reading "13" and "playing"...

... but, that was really quite good! Keep it up!

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Wow, bloody brilliant, I really wasn't expecting that!!

I love that song as well.

Nice One :D

Jools

Giga Poster
Wow, there is so much potentional for people on CF, Mark, you... I'm sure there's more, I'm a singer, but on my website we havn't uploaded any of our songs yet.

www.deto-nation.webs.com

sorry about the bad pictures etc :oops:

peep

CF Legend
Wow, you are really good. Like everyone else I wasn't expecting much but you pulled off quite a hard (and awesome) tune.

Are you writing your own stuff too? If you get some more stuff recorded it'll be great to hear it.

Good luck and keep it going!

Ali

Mega Poster
^^ Ye I write quite a bit stuff, I can write pretty good guitar riffs and write solos but I can never work out words to fit in. :?
We have just recorded an album consisting of;
Wonderwall by Oasis
Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
Whistle for the Choir by The Frattelis
Dani California by The RHCP
In Too Deep by Sum 41
Sweet Child O' Mine by GnR
and Johnny B Goode by Chuck Berry! :--D
Will try and get the good one's on here and put in an update when they are up. :--D

Thanks for all the great response this is getting! :--D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In too Deep - Sum 41

What a song!

You've got some other classics on there too!

Like most other people here I was surprised at how well you played. Keep it up and good luck!

Snoo

The Legend
Agreed with ALL of the above. I also was thinking something horrible but got the exact opposite.

Just try to keep on keeping on. Few friends of mine had a band.. had a thing going.. and died off because they lost interest. If you really want to keep going.. do work! :)

AW you're thirteen, and adorable, and you play/sing well!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm with everyone else when they said they thought it'd be a trainwreck, but it was very good!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Ah bollocks! I was just in the mood to be really mean and horrible and I just can't do it....

Error

Strata Poster
The complaint is sound balance and the quality of the video, neither of which is your fault.

Other then that, absolutely awesome. I feel bad because I laughed at the bassist: it's so much bigger then him.

A

Anonymous

I really thought this would be utter bollocks to be perfectly honest. But was suprised a lot by this, you are really good!
:)

Can't wait to hear some of the other stuff.
I hear alot of friends making bands, I remember when a few groups of kids when I was in school tried it and some of it was shocking, this is amazing compared with that. You have a really sweet/innocent voice :)

Mark

Strata Poster
I wasn't sure what to expect when I read Guns n Roses - Sweet Child of Mine. Not many pull that one off well!

But you guys did! so big Kudos. I like hearing full bands play because it has such a fresh organic sound, but please, for the love of god don't go all coldplay-esque. (Not saying you will mind). I am impressed. I look forward to hearing some of your original material if that is what you are moving onto?