What's new

Musical Theatre: Fiddler On The Roof

Mark

Strata Poster
I am going to be performing in Fiddler On The Roof in November and whilst I wouldnt normally post on here, this is actually going to be first major principle role with the company. I know there are some musical theatre fans on here so I thought I would invite everyone to come along. Certainly something different for the closed season.

If anyone knows the film/show I am playing the part of Perchik; A young Jew who is considered a radical owing to his belief that the traditions the town lives by have to change.

I'll also post some of the rehearsal/production pictures on here soon :)

Fiddler.jpg

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Ah the Marxist. I've only seen the film, but I think Perchik's actually one the more interesting characters. Congratulations on earning the part!

Mark

Strata Poster
Thanks guys. I'm somewhat psyched as of all the characters this is the part I was most drawn to and really wanted.

Mark

Strata Poster
I think they all have their own qualities, I adore the whole show. Perchik is definitely a lot closer to some my beliefs when it comes to religion.

I have a lovely solo song too, the song was actually cut from the film because the guy playing him couldn't sing...

Mark

Strata Poster
^Hahaha. This is true. It does go on a bit. Lacking of pace that the stage show seems to have no problem with oddly...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Mark said:
I have a lovely solo song too, the song was actually cut from the film because the guy playing him couldn't sing...

So what's different with this production? Xx

Mark

Strata Poster
And the award for utterly predictable bitchy remark goes to... :p

I knew someone would post that the minute I posted it. I should have guessed it would be you dear.

Mark

Strata Poster
Well ya did. :p xx

Last nights rehearsal was rather epic. We were running the scene in which the 3rd daughter, Chava is basically cut out of the family and considered dead to them. Bloody emmotional stuff!